cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork - Job Success Thread **title edited**

Jade M Member Since: May 19, 2015
1 of 1,455

I want Community Forum Moderators to add to this thread, and really listen to what is going on.

I, like many others am sure have the same story.

I used to love Odesk, and got many job interviews each week. I had all 5 star feedback, and glowing written references from my clients. Then Odesk made alot of changes and introduced Job Success rate. I was shocked that mine was 67%. That was until I looked at other discussions and heard of other people who had five star feedback, lots of good references and yet had a very low job success rate.

This system is beyond unfair as

!)Upwork introduced new changes and a new feedback system. They should NOT include information that people believed was being entered anonymously, prior to the changes. The Job success rate includes information that clients did not think would be shown publicly. They left star feedback that would be shown publicly. You CANNOt use retroactive data for a new system.

2)Since the Job success rate has been started, I am now not getting invited to interview for ANY jobs, so how could I get my Job success rate, even if I tried?

You have made a very bad error with this.

Can every freelancer on this forum who wants to get rid of the job success rate feature, reply with 'Get rid', and lets see if they listen to us.

Jade M Member Since: May 19, 2015
2 of 1,455

Valeria K, can you please reply to my post, about the huge errors that are now occurring after the changes.

Are Upwork going to take Freelancer feedback into account on all the problems and issues that are now occurring after the changes. They should!

Why did they fix what wasn't broken? It was a big mistake, and they need to look at this forum and revert some of their acctions, soon.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 1,455

Hi Jade,

We appreciate feedback you have shared as well as feedback other members of the Community share and we continue forwarding it to the Team.

Job Success score was introduced to better reflect freelancers' performance on the platform. Public feedback does not fully reflect freelancers' performance on Upwork as it doesn't consider jobs where no money was paid or all the money was refunded, disputes and other complaints. Job Success score takes all those parameters into consideration.

If you complete your jobs successfully and communicate with your clients professionally and on time, I am sure you will be able to improve your Job Success score.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Nick M Member Since: Jul 12, 2011
4 of 1,455

I see. So because I accidentally entered hours in to the Work Diary for the wrong client, then asked oDesk to refund him -- this is why I lost 3% of my Job Success and hence why I'm no longer Top Rated? Sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen and totally unfair.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 1,455

Hi Nick,

Refunding hours you logged accidentally will not affect your Job Success score. Just communicate with your clients, explain the situation, and let them know that you are going to refund and if possible log hours manually to the right contract.

I hope it will get resolved amicably.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Yuliya S Member Since: Mar 29, 2016
6 of 1,455

Unfortuntaly, this JSS will make all freelancers to move to other freelncaers platform very soon, i think. It seems absolutely random, unlogical and unreasonable....

About refund money from escrow - i made it twice (once client asked for refund in a few hours after hiring, cause his project was closed and another was when client didn't get any requirements for 76 days and i ended contract and made refund). And guess what? It ruined my JSS absulutely. I have feedback from almost all client 5, many long-term clients, but because of this unlogical system  - in a few weeks i will think about changing paltfrom and start from zero... I worked here almost one year and I was happy to work here, but as many people said here - Upwork was no more good place for working now. 

Hope Upwork Team will understand it one day)

Hila G Member Since: Jul 21, 2015
7 of 1,455

Hello 

Its been one year I am freelancing on Upwork.

I have a big issue with the rating system there.

I know alreday all the rules to get good ratings, I know that clients can give poor feedbacks in the hidden part, I know that every  weeks the ratings changes...

Each time I contact an agent from the customer service they copy and paste the answer that I already found on the website. I feel really upset about this rating system.

My rating is decreasing with no real obvious reason, and no one is abble to tell me why!

I have good contacts generally with my clients, good ratings etc, and just realise again today (happening all the time these last weeks) that my score has decrease. 

So if it is linked to a client which didn't for any reason did the necessery thing It is really not logic to make the freelancer loose points!!

I think this systeme is not really helping us.

I hope that I am not the only one who notice that!

Thank you

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
8 of 1,455

Are you upset with the rating system itself, or just your score as a result of that rating system? For example... if your JSS was 100%, would you still be upset with the rating system?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Hila G Member Since: Jul 21, 2015
9 of 1,455

I think it is logic to have a rating systeme as there are all kind of level on this website. But the way it works on Upwork is really strange and not really logic! you can t blame a graphic designer because the client do not do his job of closing a contract  for example!

I have a good profile, with lot of good reviews...and they say that there are also some parts we don t see..this is not cool!

Ace Contributor
Yuliya S Member Since: Mar 29, 2016
10 of 1,455

I had 100% JSS for example, but after a few refunds money to clients without my fault, suspended contracts (clients who didn't want to close contracts, cause they wanted my service in future) and long duration contracts (nobody knows what is "reasonable period" for freelancers in Upwork) it is not 100% anymore, despite of fact that all clients are happy. Is this logic?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS