🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Mediation Expert Unresponsive
Page options
devanshugoenka
Community Member

Upwork Mediation Expert Unresponsive

Hi Everyone,

So, I want to share a very unethical experience that happened with me.

So, there was a bit of delay on my side regarding replying to a dispute message for a refund amount of 5 USD.

The mediation expert blocked my account on a Friday and I have been literally requesting her to release my Financial account limitation, but she is not responding and responds only 1 time and then disappears.

I have issued the refund, but still there has been no response.

I asked the mediation expert to deduct the amount, but still she messaged me with the refund policy link, which wasn't appropriate.

Have been constantly trying to get some solution, but there is only one message "Escalated to Team".

Can anyone help me get over this mental harassment for my own hard earned money?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Devanshu,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. I would like to clarify that it can take up to 3 business days for our dispute team to follow up with you and your client. 
Feel free to follow up with any additional questions directly on your dispute and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Devanshu,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. I would like to clarify that it can take up to 3 business days for our dispute team to follow up with you and your client. 
Feel free to follow up with any additional questions directly on your dispute and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have bad expericnce with mediation team member. i provided all the evidene of the work and i was late delivering the project. Client requested the refund. Mediation said if you both don't agree to mutual agreement than both you need to file a case for AAA which cost more than $400 for one party and total project cost is $210. 

The wesite landing page development cost is $150 and extra $60 was for video editing and i paid someone else to edit the video. Client is not complaining about the video. But the mediation said all the funds will be released to client if we don't file a case to AAA. Does it make any sense? I created the page and client complained about 2 things in the whole 8 section landing page. But i am loosing money and also getting bad feedback. 

Hi Shahid,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I suggest referring to the dispute ticket for more information regarding your case and if you have any questions, you can post them there directly. You can also check this Community thread for more information on disputes and how they work.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths