🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Message.
Page options
mkalsi025
Community Member

Upwork Message.

Hello Upwork community,

I hope everyone is fine!

I have got a message from upwork while communicating with one of client. The message is :

" Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract has started or paying outside of Upwork is against our Terms Of Service and could result in account suspension." Because Client share their contact number to discuss their future project for their company. I didn't tried to call him on their number. I told him directly about your upwork terms and conditions related work from outside. I didn't tried to get payment from outside as I always respect Upwork's terms.

Now let me know that I should worry about my account suspension or not? Because this things eating me right now! I always be honest and respected to upwork terms. That's why I told you my problem.

Please let me know the best solution so that I can not be worry about this in future too.

Regards,

Manmeet Singh

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Manmeet,

Please keep in mind that sharing contact information before a contract is formed is not allowed. 
The message you`ve received is a reminder about this. Rest assured, your account will not be suspended. 

If you need to have a video call with your clients, you can also use our Voice/Video messages. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Manmeet,

Please keep in mind that sharing contact information before a contract is formed is not allowed. 
The message you`ve received is a reminder about this. Rest assured, your account will not be suspended. 

If you need to have a video call with your clients, you can also use our Voice/Video messages. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran,

Thanks for your response.

My client is forcing me to get payment from outside because he has problem with their billing system. The problem is he has a RuPay Card for billing which I guess not acceptable by Upwork. He want to hire me for their project. but He is unable to setup their billing system. What should I do ?

I just said no to him for outside payment. My point is how can I get payment for my work?

If I leave him as by not giving my work, what will be impact on my job score and who will pay me for this work?

Please suggest the best solution.

Regards,

Manmeet Singh

Hi Manmeet,

I would like to confirm that, offering or accepting to get paid outside of Upwork is a serious violation of our TOS.
You can refer your client to this Guide on how they can add a billing method. If they are experiencing any problems, they can reach out to our Customer Support or us (Moderators) at any time so that we can assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran,

I can understand about outside payment violation. That's why I didn't accept it.

I just shared your article for billing method to my client. I hope client will find their solution for payment method.

Thank you for your time. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths