cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork New Freelancer Webinar: Earning More on Upwork

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
51 of 62

Hi Grethe Vind Vind,

Please use this link and fill the fields Name and email to access the recording of the webinar you are referring to. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Meredith K Member Since: Aug 22, 2019
52 of 62

Hi -- I registered for one of these recently and was unable to attend. However, I did not ever receive a link to view the recording. 

Also, I clicked the link for the August 29 webinar to try again, but the registration form did not seem to match this description. It was labeled "Upwork Interactive Client Webinar".

Please help!

Meredith

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
53 of 62

Hi Meredith,

Sorry about the confusion. We've updated the post with correct dates and links. The next New Freelancer Webinar is on September 3rd and you can register here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ferozuddin N Member Since: Sep 2, 2019
54 of 62

This type of webinars surely assist newbies as well as strugglers. Precious dates shared by you to join and get benefits. Recommendations for all

Debroto H Member Since: Sep 16, 2016
55 of 62

it's very helpful for all freelancer

Faysal H Member Since: Mar 28, 2019
56 of 62

This is so great!

Thanks a lot for the Webinar.

Pruthvi B Member Since: Sep 2, 2019
57 of 62

I hope this all video make my profile great .atleast I should get few project.

Ace Contributor
Laura R Member Since: Apr 23, 2019
58 of 62

Hi there. I joined a couple of webinars already looking into getting tips to finally get jobs on this platform, but I'm a little worried. These webinars are usually provided by graphic designers, or web developers.

My field is a bit different. I'm a translator, and what is worse: English/Spanish.... I think the most overcrowded field.... I should say our field is different than others. Our job offers go in 30 mins or so, after 5 minutes, you already have over 10 applications, which means having to constantly F5 on uw to catch the new offers.... Still, I see lots of the jobs I applied for (as explained here, looking at the client's profile, responding at everything requested by them, sending a custom offer, etc, etc....) and in the end the job is given to.... who knows? Because the job offer doesn't show not even 1 interview.... 

One thing that worries me is what a fellow uw freelancer told me: that uw gives priority to US citizens, which I'm not, not even close.

The other is what this girl designer with the dog, whose webinar in Sept I watched. She said something a bit alarming: "you see the person is in, or from Philippines, and you know the cost of living there is not that high" (more or less).

I'm from Argentina, but I live in Spain.... and having joined a local digital nomad community, I see how many freelancers who are from countries like US or UK, etc, go base themselves in countries in which the cost of living is a lot lower than their own... Does that mean that they should lower their rates???

Does it mean that because I'm from Argentina I should charge less? 

My answer to that is as simple as this: I'm a qualified translator. I went to University for four years, a private one, I got my diploma, I gained a lot of experience since then, and my translations are really good. But I should charge less because I'm from Argentina? While maybe a Spanish speaker with no diploma makes a better salary, just because he has a US or UK passport??

After investing so many hours trying to improve my profile, follow every single piece of advice, having constantly applied for jobs, having done the readiness test and passing it, 1st there's a bug that prevents ppl from seeing my profile, 2nd I'm wasting my connects (now money) and not getting not even 1 interview, it's beyond frustrating....

So, how possible would it be that you start scheduling webinars for the different fields, taking into account that not all of them work the same?

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
59 of 62

Laura R wrote:

.....1st there's a bug that prevents ppl from seeing my profile,

There is no such thing. There was (for less than a day) a bug that stopped you seeing how many times you were found in searches.

Kazi Rakibul I Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
60 of 62
Wow nice tips for newbies
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS