cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork New Freelancer Webinar: Earning More on Upwork

Pruthvi B Member Since: Sep 2, 2019
61 of 71

I hope this all video make my profile great .atleast I should get few project.

Ace Contributor
Laura R Member Since: Apr 23, 2019
62 of 71

Hi there. I joined a couple of webinars already looking into getting tips to finally get jobs on this platform, but I'm a little worried. These webinars are usually provided by graphic designers, or web developers.

My field is a bit different. I'm a translator, and what is worse: English/Spanish.... I think the most overcrowded field.... I should say our field is different than others. Our job offers go in 30 mins or so, after 5 minutes, you already have over 10 applications, which means having to constantly F5 on uw to catch the new offers.... Still, I see lots of the jobs I applied for (as explained here, looking at the client's profile, responding at everything requested by them, sending a custom offer, etc, etc....) and in the end the job is given to.... who knows? Because the job offer doesn't show not even 1 interview.... 

One thing that worries me is what a fellow uw freelancer told me: that uw gives priority to US citizens, which I'm not, not even close.

The other is what this girl designer with the dog, whose webinar in Sept I watched. She said something a bit alarming: "you see the person is in, or from Philippines, and you know the cost of living there is not that high" (more or less).

I'm from Argentina, but I live in Spain.... and having joined a local digital nomad community, I see how many freelancers who are from countries like US or UK, etc, go base themselves in countries in which the cost of living is a lot lower than their own... Does that mean that they should lower their rates???

Does it mean that because I'm from Argentina I should charge less? 

My answer to that is as simple as this: I'm a qualified translator. I went to University for four years, a private one, I got my diploma, I gained a lot of experience since then, and my translations are really good. But I should charge less because I'm from Argentina? While maybe a Spanish speaker with no diploma makes a better salary, just because he has a US or UK passport??

After investing so many hours trying to improve my profile, follow every single piece of advice, having constantly applied for jobs, having done the readiness test and passing it, 1st there's a bug that prevents ppl from seeing my profile, 2nd I'm wasting my connects (now money) and not getting not even 1 interview, it's beyond frustrating....

So, how possible would it be that you start scheduling webinars for the different fields, taking into account that not all of them work the same?

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
63 of 71

Laura R wrote:

.....1st there's a bug that prevents ppl from seeing my profile,

There is no such thing. There was (for less than a day) a bug that stopped you seeing how many times you were found in searches.

Ace Contributor
Kazi Rakibul I Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
64 of 71
Wow nice tips for newbies
Annie E Member Since: Oct 15, 2019
65 of 71

Hi,

I signed up for today's webinar but the link led to a blank page that says Let's get started! but nothing els, so I missed it. How was I supposed to access it? Is there a recording you could send me?.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
66 of 71

Hi Annie, 

Are you able to register on this link? Once registered, you should be able to access the webinar recording.

-Avery
Untitled
Muhammad W Member Since: Oct 3, 2019
67 of 71
That's Absolutely great stuff to share with freelancers
Ahsan K Member Since: Oct 29, 2019
68 of 71

ALHAMDULILLAH registered with webinar on 12th November 2019

Annie E Member Since: Oct 15, 2019
69 of 71

I would like to attend, as I missed the last two. What time please?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
70 of 71

Hi Annie, 

Please check the webinars listed on this page for more information on the next scheduled webinars. You can register for a webinar schedule that is most convenient for you. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS