🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Not protect workers at all.... and cha...
Page options
dacash11
Community Member

Upwork Not protect workers at all.... and chat support does the same

Be careful when you decide to start an Hourly contract" with a new client...

Upwork will not guarante your work against any clients issues with payment, leaving you alone with hours spent in front of your laptop and nothing insiede your wallet...

MY TIME HAS A VALUE...

Should upwork change his rules and put more efforts on freelancer protection??

Discuss about it...

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

Did you track your time with the tracker, included meaningful work memos on the screenshots and had good activity levels? 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

Be careful when you decide to start an Hourly contract" with a new client...

Upwork will not guarante your work against any clients issues with payment, leaving you alone with hours spent in front of your laptop and nothing insiede your wallet...

MY TIME HAS A VALUE...

Discuss about it...

I suggest that you go back to the thread where you stated your many grievances in March, demanding that Upwork "protect" you. The situation may have been different, but the comments are still relevant.

dacash11
Community Member

It s relevant, actually fundamental...what do you suggest to upwork to improve their feelencer hours worked protection?

Ciro F wrote:

It s relevant, actually fundamental...what do you suggest to upwork to improve their feelencer hours worked protection?

My suggestion is that you track your hours properly, vet your clients and take responsibility for your own actions.

dacash11
Community Member

We need your support as freelencer to protect your Time Value.

Upwork has given without my permission a refund of 100$ to one client because I wasnt under Upwork hourly protection.

in details, i started a new hourly contract and after completeing the job, upwork noticed that there was something wrong with client payment...

Well...they decided to give a refund to the client a leave me without nothing in my hands after I worked 5 hours on the project and I billed 100 $.

This is not fair...we have to investigate this issue...

petra_r
Community Member

Ciro wrote:

Well...they decided to give a refund to the client a leave me without nothing in my hands after I worked 5 hours on the project and I billed 100 $.

AGAINDid you track your time with the tracker, included meaningful work memos on the screenshots and had good activity levels? 

Well...they decided to give a refund to the client

No, Upwork did not "refund" the client, the client failed to pay and your hours clearly didn't conform to the terms of the hourly protection.

dacash11
Community Member

Ok petra, you dont want to talk about it..thank you.

For those freelencer who do want to suggest upwork few changes, please feel free to write here. We have to stay together in order to make this platform a real work space...not a **Edited for Community Guidelines**

dacash11
Community Member

and I clearly have spent 5 hours for nothing...in the mean time, before even the contract started Upworl could have checked the issue without leaving me alone without nothing in my hand..

Ciro:
Nobody here doubts that you are disappointed by what happened to you.

But there are TWO things, not just one thing:

1) What kinds of things would make Upwork better for me and other users?

2) How can I use Upwork as it exists now, to best benefit me?

Some of your comments give me the feeling that you aren't keeping those two things separate in your thinking.

Those of us who are regular, experienced Upwork users... We know a LOT about #2 (how to use Upwork effectively to benefit ourselves). SOME experienced Upwork users come to the Forum and discuss #1 (how to improve Upwork). Some do not.

There is NOTHING WRONG with makng suggestions and discussing how to improve Upwork. But my bank account likes the other thing: How to use Upwork to benefit myself. That is very practical.

The simple fact is that following Upwork Payment Protection rules is EASY.

Please don't stop thinking about ways to improve Upwork. But while you do that, make sure you take advantage of the ways ALREADY IN PLACE that protect you and make sure $$$ goes to your account.

It is not factually accurate to say that Upwork does not protect workers. Upwork protects workers more than any other major freelance work site. That is why it is the industry leader. But it IS correct that Upwork's protection of workers is not infinite or perfect.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

This is the third time i have opened this thread....

PLease do not delete again. I want to discuss with freelancer, it is my right to do it..

They're not deleting your threads, they're merging your threads because you keep starting new ones with the same topic. 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ciro, Petra and Christine,

I'd like to note that we've removed quite a few posts and merged separate posts into this main thread.

Ciro, I understand the importance of the issue you're having. I checked and while I won't be able to share any information publicly, I do you already communicated with our Support team and received an update regarding the contract in question. I understand this isn't a favorable outcome but I can confirm processes and actions taken on the contract in question are in line with Upwork TOS. Please follow the steps our team shared regarding the options you have on this contract and advice in terms of ensuring your future contracts are covered by Payment Protection.

Please note that repeats posting is a violation of Community Guidelines as mentioned in the private messages you received. Please avoid reposting removed messages and note that we don't have any other information we could share. I'll be closing this thread for new replies.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members