cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Payment

Dinero D Member Since: Dec 12, 2018
1 of 5

How will I know that my client has sent money to upwork before I send the project to him? Kindly assist.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

Dinero D wrote:

How will I know that my client has sent money to upwork before I send the project to him? Kindly assist.

Take a look at your My Jobs Page

Click on the contract. Is it an hourly contract or a fixed rate contract?

If hourly, did you track your hours?

If fixed rate, is it fully funded?

Dinero D Member Since: Dec 12, 2018
3 of 5

It is fixed rate, though the client reduced the work ,so we communicated and settled on another price...what should I do since or what should the client do on his side so that the job appears on the "my job" section....i have completed a milestone...

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Dinero D wrote:

It is fixed rate, though the client reduced the work ,so we communicated and settled on another price...what should I do since or what should the client do on his side so that the job appears on the "my job" section....i have completed a milestone...

Does the contract appear on your "My Jobs Page" or does it not?

If it does not, you have not been hired and should not have done any work at all, because you have no contract and the client can not pay you anyway.

If you have not been hired, tell the client they need to hire you and fund the first milestone.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 5

Hi Dinero, 

It doesn't look like you have been hired for this project yet. Unless the client sent you an offer (you should receive a notification through your messages that an offer was sent), and you accepted it, and it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, I would suggest that you stop working with this client. 

I would recommend that you read up these threads here, here to help you familiarize yourself with the platform, and help you work safely on Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS