🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Payroll -- W2 Payment Frequency?
Page options
becca37
Community Member

Upwork Payroll -- W2 Payment Frequency?

Not finding these in the Upwork Payroll related help topics or forum messages, and they seem pretty basic questions, at least to me. Maybe I'm just blind; I have been staring at a computer screen nearly non-stop for a very long time. ~

Hiring with Upwork Payroll

Working Through Upwork Payroll

If you sign on with a client who's paying the contract as W2 through Upwork Payroll ...

What is the payment frequency? 

• Weekly (best!)?
  • Every other week (meh)?
  • Once a month (egads, I hate those!)?
  • "As negotiated with the Client"?
  • "Determined by the Client"?
  • What?

Is there a delay period before payout? Where our hours are submitted and approved (done through the staffing agency vs. Upwork in the case of W2) but it's still X days before payment gets released? I think this is pretty standard -- e.g. if the work week is Mon1 - Sun1 and hours worked through Sun1 are paid on Fri2 (or Fri3, or Fri4, etc. depending on payment frequency), that's a 4-day delay in this scenario, -- but I'd like to see it explicitly stated in the help docs*.

Is there a "hold back" timeframe on top of any delay period? In other words, how long after starting work will it be before seeing your first payout? e.g. I've worked from some traditional companies which "hold back" two weeks (or more) so it can be over a month before the seeing the first paycheck. 

*For that matter, I'd love to see the answers to all of these explicitly stated in the help docs, just as they are so very nicely detailed for the hourly/1099 work. :0)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

We've updated this Help article and included the information you asked us to provide. Please take a look and let us know if you need further clarification.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback Rebecca, I'll check with the team and follow up with an update regarding the information you're looking for and your suggestion to update the related Help articles.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks!

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

We've updated this Help article and included the information you asked us to provide. Please take a look and let us know if you need further clarification.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Excellent -- only it was updated on Working through Upwork Payroll link (which makes perfect sense) vs. the Hiring with Upwork Payroll link linked. :0)

Thanks so much!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths