1 of 42

Dear Upwork

Here is the proof! My Marketing Effectivess proves it:

Before Upwork Platform (ODesk):

before.jpg

After New Upwork Platform:

after.jpg

To me Upworks is already dead!
Upwork killed itself 2 months ago with their new platform. All the good clients are gone and along with them the quality jobs. I had to move on and not rely on the Upwork platform anymore.......

You Can clearly see my hire rate dropped as a result of your platform and practices. Again please check my profile history I am not a newbie here!  So again I ask the question How Has This Helped Me Be More Successful? Your platform and practices has also driven away all the good clients in my area of expertise  That's For sure!!!!

Again you may not care about this but I am only one of many thousands of contractors all having the same experience  

So the question is are you going to fix this?

Also if Upwork does not inprove for me this month I will go back the basic membership. As its a waste of Money!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
2 of 42

Specifically, what is it you feel is causing the drop in hires? The other stats seem to be the same~ish.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 42

I have had only 1 hire in 9 weeks from the start of the new Upwork platform!  Upwork is no oDesk its way worse! We know oDesk was not perfect but it was way better than Upworks platform!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
4 of 42

It's time to take measures to make the job posts more fruitful for the freelancers. Please make terms & conditions for the job posters as well. 

I hope to hear something hopeful soon, 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
5 of 42

Here's why i asked though:

"There are extremely many clients that post jobs without any intention to hire anyone. "

This was also my first impression but if you look at the graph metrics on the top, it sounds as though this is a percentile indicator based on other's in your category. "Compared to your peers" "Less often", Average", "More often". On the bottom "Among freelancers in your category". If so, then the actual number of hires a client makes would be irrelevant? It just means he is getting hired less than everyone else in his category. All freelancers are dealing with the same clients.

Green bar by apx percentile:

You were viewed:  75%  (50% more often than your peers)

You were interviewed: 70% (40% more often than your peers)

You were hired: Old 48% (4% less often than your peers)

New 25% (50% less often than your peers)

Because it's based on a peer average, this chart would suggest he is getting hired 1/2 as oftenas  his peers are. That has nothing to do with how many hires a client makes or not, or how many times someone is interviewed vs the number of hires. These 3 metrics do not seem connected.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but it is how I read the chart.

So.. I do not see it as a system failure due to low quality job poasting, but rather a failure to beat the competition who also earned an interview with the same client.

Make sense?

The correlation between the transition of oDesk to Upwork my be nothign more than a coincidence.

- However - I would not be surprised if it is some sort of algo glitch either :/ 

If this were a more common issue reported by a swarm of freelancers, I'd have a frustrated laugh along with the OP and want to rip my hair out too.

So this is why I ask for clarification, because maybe he can be helped. Perhaps he's frustrated and about to burn a bridge when there is a solution.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 42

Hi Tony,

To be frank my profile is better than yours I won awards from oDesk before . So when i say its not working it not working.

I am in a different field of work than you. But trust me i am a Pro Contractor. Its not me its the Upwork platform that's not working for sure..... Again its not just me its 1000s of freelancers / contractors that the Upwork platform is failing.

I want Upwork to fix this!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
7 of 42

Ian, iif you aren't getting hired - it's your fault, not Upwork's. It's not about marketing, the new platform, etc...it's about your ability to sell your services to clients based on your cover letter. I was always working before, during and after the new platform yet I'm still receiving more than enough jobs. Like many others.

Also, judging by the amount of applications (200 in 90 days), you're applying for a lot, but you can't blame Upwork for the client's decisions. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 42

Hi Lyam,

To be frank my profile is better than yours! I even won awards from oDesk before like Top 5% best oDesk contractor and yes I am Top Rated on Upwork for whats its worth! So when i say somthing is not right its sure. I know what i am talking about. Also  you are in a different field of work to me.

So before casting your opinion / judgment  you need to get your facts right first. You never even bothered asking me any questions before you gave your final judgment LOL.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
9 of 42

Ian, would you prefer me to sugar coat my reply, instead? 

And let me be frank, I couldn't care less how much merit your profile holds compared to my own. I'm not struggling with jobs. I don't even know exactly what you're blaming. Perhaps you should take responsibility and quit shifting the blame to every Tom, **bleep** and Harry. You say the new platform has caused a decrease in contracts, but how so? I'm pretty sure the same clients remain, the same types of jobs are posted and the same opportunities are present. You say the new platform has driven away good clients in your field. How? 

Yes, I'm not versed in your field of expertise, but I can't imagine the new Upwork platform driving away clients seeking multimedia-type services. 

Every statement you've made is speculation. You've gone off stats which mean nothing to me. You've applied for 200 jobs in 90 days. For all I know, you could've applied for jobs that aren't in your field. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 42

Liam You obviously just don't know what you are talking about that's the problem!

Also this may make you think I get hired on Elance all the time but not here anymore. So stop trying to pass Upworks problem onto me.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS