cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Policy Violation

Highlighted
Fahad Hossain P Member Since: Sep 3, 2018
1 of 4

Is asking for skype is a violation of upwork policy? If I use Behance and Tubmblr as my portfolio is this going to violate upwork polices as it contain contact information?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

re: "Is asking for Skype a violation of Upwork policy?"

No.

re: "If I use Behance and Tumblr as my portfolio is this going to violate upwork polices as it contain contact information?"

No, this is not a violation of Upwork ToS. You may use Behance and Tumblr to host portfolios that highlight your work.

You may send links to those portfolios when you communicate with clients, such as through job proposals.

You may NOT (however), include direct links to those sites from your Upwork profile page or Upwork portfolio, because those sites have direct contact information.

Ifeanyi N Member Since: Mar 31, 2016
3 of 4

It doesn't make much sense to me, Preston. If the client's intention from the beginning had been to collect direct personal information, I don't see going on Skype can prevent it. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

re: "It doesn't make much sense to me, Preston. If the client's intention from the beginning had been to collect direct personal information, I don't see going on Skype can prevent it."

Ifeanyi:

In my previous post in this thread I provided accurate information in response to a question about Upwork policy.

I do not set Upwork policies.

In my response, I was not talking about what clients might try to do.

Are you saying that a client who communicates with a freelancer via Skype could collect direct personal information? Yes, that is true. Upwork knows that.

Regardless of how you feel about these policies, communicating via Skype is not a violation of Upwork ToS. Including direct links to sites with personal contact information IS a violation of ToS.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS