🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Profiles are not Approving Now a day.
Page options
itsnaeem
Community Member

Upwork Profiles are not Approving Now a day.

Hi there,

As you may know, Upwork isn't approving profiles of new Freelancers. Why Upwork is doing this, if anyone in this community has an answer please let me know.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad N wrote:,

As you may know, Upwork isn't approving profiles of new Freelancers.

This is not true. They are still approving "some" profiles. Just not many, which is a good thing.

Muhammad N wrote:

Why Upwork is doing this, if anyone in this community has an answer please let me know.

1. Because there are way too many freelancers on the platform.

2. Because the vast majority of the small percentage of new freelancers who are accepted, never actually win a single contract.

varungs
Community Member

As you may know, Upwork isn't approving profiles of new Freelancers.

This isn't true. My profile on Upwork was approved a week or so ago, which means they're definitely actively taking in new freelancers. I do find, however, that if you have niche skills, then you are far more likely to be approved. It appears to me that freelancers who have general skills that are in abundance on the platform ("writing", "web development") are being auto-rejected. Along with writing, I added my language translation services to my profile, and was promptly approved after two prior rejections.

It's also worth noting that Upwork claims to receive thousands of new applications per day, so the approval process is probably largely automated.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members