Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Project Success Recruiters

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tom R Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
1 of 4

So anyone else getting job invitations from a "Upwork Project Success Recruiter"? While I have no doubt that this is a legit offer and Upwork has these recruiters, I have been very unimpressed by it so far. I've gotten two job offers via a "Success Recruiter" and they weren't pretty.

First job offer was a job posting that was extremely vague. It talked about scalability and growth and a lot of buzz words but didn't actually describe what it was for or what the services being offered where. I accepted the interview and asked for specific information about the job. Job sat for two weeks with no reply, no movement, no follow ups so I ended up just withdrawing my proposal.

Second job offer was, in my opinion, worse. While the job offer was very descriptive and described the issue and the end results they wanted, they attached the code and wanted it to be "reviewed" as a test with the answer provided when you submitted a proposal. In fact, it was one of the additional questions that had to be answered when you submitted a proposal. That job I just reported as the client asking for free work because that's what it was.

So thus far the "Success Recruiters" have reached out to me with two job offers that are some of the most complained about jobs by freelancers. Vague and nondescript so you have no idea if it's worth the time. Followed by a job posting this is basically asking for free work.

Oh and one of the clients didn't even have a verified payment method. So again, what are these "Success Recruiters" actually doing for the clients? I mean outside of trying to make a bad job posting sound more creditable.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Tom,

I am sorry the invites sent your way by Upwork Project Success Managers didn't interest you. I'll follow up with the team to share your feedback and to make sure we inform the clients about Upwork ToS and best practices for creating job descriptions and attracting top talent.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 4

Valeria,

I do not believe I have received one invitation to interview as suggested by these recruiters that fit my skills or rate ever. I believe this has been mentioned on other threads before. I know I certainly have posted about it on them.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tom R Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
4 of 4

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Tom,

I am sorry the invites sent your way by Upwork Project Success Managers didn't interest you. I'll follow up with the team to share your feedback and to make sure we inform the clients about Upwork ToS and best practices for creating job descriptions and attracting top talent.

That's kinda my point. If they have a Success Recruiter who is sending out the invites on the behalf of the client wouldn't the Recruiter take the time to address the job posting that they are sending out?

It's not that the jobs didn't interest me, they both did. I even accepted the interview for one of them. The issue is that if it was just a client sending me a nondescript job or a job asking me to do work before hiring me, it's expected. However, when a job is sent to be via an Upwork Rep. I'd expect that job posting to be at least have some description and at the very least not be one that violates Upworks own ToS.

So far all I can see is that a Success Recruiter's job is just finding and inviting freelancers to interview for said jobs. Like I said, I would figure that an Upwork Rep would do more for these jobs and clients. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS