🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Public Profile Settings?
Page options
viasdominique
Community Member

Upwork Public Profile Settings?

I viewed my public profile to see what people see when they're not logged in or don't have an Upwork account. The work history/feedback that is displayed is from the jobs I charged low just to get a 5 star feedback, some open jobs from a year ago when I was still charging a much lower rate, and also some jobs from my earlier days when I wasn't in my current line of work yet.

It looks really bad! What is the basis for this selection and is there any way to change this? (Is this a means to get me to subscribe to Premium?)

I am concerned because I set up my domain name to forward to my Upwork profile and well... I can't have this.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dominique,

Could you please send me a few examples of jobs that are not showing on your profile via PM so that I can check this and assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Dominique V wrote:

It looks really bad! What is the basis for this selection

The public profile (seen by users not logged in) can only show contracts that resulted from job posts which were set as public (rather than Upwork users only) because clearly jobs a client did not want to be publicly seen should not be publicly seen on the freelancer's profile. This means that no jobs resulting from job posts which were private or set as Upwork users only will be seen when logged out.

Dominique V wrote:

there any way to change this? (Is this a means to get me to subscribe to Premium?)

There is no way to change this and no, obviously it is not something to get you to subscribe to Premium. It is purely to respect the selection made by the client at the time of posting the job.

That makes perfect sense. That's too bad but thank you nonetheless.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths