🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Readiness Test Bug (Questions do not m...
Page options
normigonzalez
Community Member

Upwork Readiness Test Bug (Questions do not match the answers)

The first time I did the test, the questions were "mixed up" with the answers, so that they did not match and did not make sense. I leave some screenshots:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

For that reason, I got a 3.5 / 5.

The second time I did the test they appeared fine and I got a 5/5. I'm concerned that the Upwork algorithm somehow considers the first attempt. I have read the Upwork ToS and refer to it regularly when in doubt.

On the other hand, the test was to obtain my rising talent badge, but it still does not appear on my profile, is this correct?

4 REPLIES 4
wescowley
Community Member

Well, that's one way to make the test harder, I guess.

It should count your second (successful) attempt rather than your first. The Rising Talent won't appear instantly but if all the other qualifications are met it should show up in the next day or so. Though, given the number of completed jobs you have, it wouldn't surprise me if you wind up skipping Rising Talent and going straight to having a JSS score (which is the next step).

You are right! I just checked and I have my JSS.

About the test thing, I hope you are right. Anyway if any Upwork moderator sees this, I would appreciate to have my first grade cancelled if possible. And if not, well, no problem.

Thanks for your reply Wes!

Norma G wrote:

You are right! I just checked and I have my JSS.

That means you won't get a Rising Talent Status now... You just missed out but it would be gone now anyway because you can't have both. Your next goal would be top rated status.

Norma G wrote:

I would appreciate to have my first grade cancelled if possible.

There is no need because it doesn't do any harm

That means you won't get a Rising Talent Status now... You just missed out but it would be gone now anyway because you can't have both. Your next goal would be top rated status.

Yes, I understand that 🙂

There is no need because it doesn't do any harm

I suspect that's the most likely, but I guess neither you nor I can know that for sure, since Upwork keeps the algorithms secret.
Either way thank you very much!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members