🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Readiness Test as Established Freelanc...
Page options
styles310
Community Member

Upwork Readiness Test as Established Freelancer

I never took the upwork readiness test, is it worth completing after 18 months of working on upwork with 96 completed contracts? This might be an already answered question, but I had trouble finding a thread with a similar question. I only noticed I didn't take the test because of the Upwork Tests being replaced with Readiness Test in the navigation lol. 

10 REPLIES 10
mystudiomke
Community Member

It looks like the readiness test took its place in the navigation so I assumed that it remained. 

florydev
Community Member

I believe it is still required for Rising Talent status:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent

Otherwise, it doesn't look like it.

But at this point I am no longer eligible for "Rising Talent" right? 

I don't know but from what I don't see why.  It doesn't seem to stipulate that you have come here recently.  Someone with more knowledge and experience can give you a definitive answer.  I would assume though you will keep up your 90% and get TR before too long.

True! I am at 10 weeks right now

tlsanders
Community Member

I'm guessing maybe it's going to become mandatory and that's why they put it there. It took less than 3 minutes and is almost impossible to get anything wrong.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brandon, 

I would like to confirm that the Upwork Readiness Test will continue to be a requirement for the Rising Talent badge as noted by Lena on this announcement post:

"Passing the Upwork Readiness test will continue to be required for new freelancers to be eligible for the Rising Talent program. The “Tests” link in the navigation bar will be renamed to “Upwork Readiness Test” and direct straight to the Upwork Readiness Test page where new freelancers will also find links to read our Freelancer Manual and watch videos in our Education Hub."

~ Avery
Upwork
styles310
Community Member

Thanks for the clarification Avery. With my rather extensive history on Upwork, would I still be eligible to earn Rising Talent status? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brandon, 

I checked your account and can see that you already have a Job Success Score. In this case, you have skipped the Rising Talent Program, and proceeded to having a Job Success Score. I would like to clarify that not all freelancers go through the Rising Talent Program, and skip it altogether. You are actually close to being part of the Top Rated Program. Continue doing great work for your current clients, and you should be part of the program soon! 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members