cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Search Power-Up (With Country Filtering)

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
1 of 81

Dear friends,

I miss you. Time is passing really quickly and I’ve been very busy recently with lots of work. You heard the news about the decision to stop posting jobs on Elance starting early November. It’s time for everyone to take a decision to either move to Upwork or leave. I personally decided to stay on Upwork and I encourage you to stay (cannot urge you though – I understand your feelings).

I also noticed some amazing response to my job applications recently on Upwork, but I think it’s probably because I’m focusing on Upwork now more than ever since I have to.

I am still going to be away from the community, but I will be sharing some good stuff with you my friends. Today I’m sharing with you a new Chrome Extension I created to facilitate the search experience while searching for jobs. I called it “Upwork Search Power-Up”.

This extension will grab information about the client for you, and will bring the number of candidates and display it next to each job right from the search result page.

You can download the extension from the link below:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/upwork-search-power-up/bfdbedmcblbhlmocodeppmjodopbbpjn?hl...

After you install the extension, head to the job search page on Upwork and you will find a new button at the top, right after the second menu called “Search Power-Up”. When you click that button the results will start rolling-in. Here’s a screenshot for your reference:

screenshot1.png

After you click the “Search Power-Up” button, you will be able to view information about the client next to each job and the number of candidates above the short description. Here’s another screenshot for your reference:

screenshot2.png

If you like the extension, then please rate it on the Chrome Web Store and show your support here in the community.

I will add more functionality to the extension very soon. Here’s what I have for next actions:

• Display the number of interviews next to candidates count
  • A checkbox which you can select to keep the “Power-Up” running on each page by default
  • Ability to filter jobs by a specific country – Oh yeah Smiley Wink DONE

If you have other ideas please let me know and I’ll see what I can do for you.

Best regards,

Wassim

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 81

It's not working for me. Installed and activated it. Went to search page, refreshed and nothing. Help

Community Guru
3 of 81

Jean,

You will need to select at least one category from the left hand side. It will not display anything for "Recommended Jobs". Can you try that out?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 81

Thanks. That worked. Neat app and thanks for that.

Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
5 of 81

Yes, you should pick a category from the left.

Amazing work, Wassim!! Really great idea! You have my two thumbs up! Smiley Happy

Community Guru
6 of 81

Thanks Evelina! I appreciate your kind words.

Community Leader
Mikila S Member Since: Sep 12, 2015
7 of 81

Nice! but doesn't work for me. I refreshed the page after I installed it but it didn't appear.

I then closed Chrome and reopened it, let all pages load, went to Upwork-search-category-subcategory but nothing shows. Smiley Sad

Community Guru
8 of 81

Hi Maliki,

Sorry about that. Have you picked a category from the left hand side in the search page? Did you look at the correct position to find the "Search Power-Up" button (should be at the top - right after the second menu). Lastly, can you please let me know which version of Chrome are you running?

Thanks.

Community Leader
Mikila S Member Since: Sep 12, 2015
9 of 81

Yes. I picked both a category and sub-category but nothing shows.

I also looked for the button in the position you stated but it's not there.

I decided to clear all my history, cache everything, close Chrome, give it some time, reopen it, sign into Upwork and follow the instructions you gave but it still doesn't appear.

Chrome: Version 46.0.2490.80 m

Community Guru
10 of 81

This is interesting because I'm using the very same Chrome version. Can please you double check that you clicked the "Add To Chrome" button when you followed the link in my original post? Try to open that link again and see if the button says "Add To Chrome" then please click it. 

You can also go click the menu icon in Chrome and go to Settings -> Extensions. Search in the list for "Upwork Search Power-Up" and make sure it's Enabled.

Let me know if this helps.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS