🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Skill Certification
Page options
arslanali800
Community Member

Upwork Skill Certification

Hi,

I had received an email from Upwork regarding Upwork Skills Certification. I just wonder will it take a while to get an invitation for the test as I had not received a response after I clicked on received invitation link given in the email.

Thanks & looking forward. 

Arslan 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Arslan, 

Thanks for your patience. First of all, congrats on receiving the email. This means that you possess the skills that we're looking for in your category for our skills certifications. I know that we received a lot of responses already so it will take the team some time to go through them. I want to clarify, when clicking the link and selecting the certification you were interested in being invited to, this was to reflect your interest in receiving an invite and does not guarantee you will receive an invite. The next step is for the team to review your profile and experience and if deemed appropriate you will be sent the invite to complete the certification. 

Untitled

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
NikolaS

Hi Arslan,

I am sorry for the late response. I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information. Thank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for your response. 

Also, I will appreciate if you let me know about one more thing. Once I received an invitation for the skill test, can I opt to start the test whenever I like or will there be some specific time slot allocated to me do the test?

Thanks

Arslan

Hi Nikola,

I hope you are fine and doing great. Anything or update regarding this which you can share. I actually had clicked on the invite link given in the email, however, I've not received any response after that. 

Thanks

Arslan Ali

Hi Arslan, 

We have followed up with the team and will be able to address your questions soon. Apologies for the delay, as many teams we follow up with are not available over the weekend. To help us make sure we are referencing the right email, can you share the email text with me. You can copy-paste it and send it through a direct message by clicking my avatar.

Thanks

-Lena

Untitled

Hi Lena,

I have sent you a PM along with the content of the email. 

Thanks

Arslan

Hi Arslan, 

Thanks for your patience. First of all, congrats on receiving the email. This means that you possess the skills that we're looking for in your category for our skills certifications. I know that we received a lot of responses already so it will take the team some time to go through them. I want to clarify, when clicking the link and selecting the certification you were interested in being invited to, this was to reflect your interest in receiving an invite and does not guarantee you will receive an invite. The next step is for the team to review your profile and experience and if deemed appropriate you will be sent the invite to complete the certification. 

Untitled

Hi Lena,

Arslan

f8164370
Community Member

Hi Nikola. I just received the link about Upwork certification in Web, Mobile dev category. But link is not working for me

Hi Atif,

Access your invitation here. After you select a skill from that link, the page will no longer be accessible. Email assessments@upwork.com if you need help to change your selected skill or if you already received a link to one of the coding tests and need help to retrieve or fix that link.

~ Arjay
Upwork
daghri_janet
Community Member

Will there be any cohorts opened for Skill Certification? I got the invite, accepted it, and wasn't approved. The response also said that they couldn't give individual reasons for not getting approved. I would like to learn more about what is being looked at so I can 1) improve my profile; and 2) improve my chances of getting certified by UpWork. I just learned about the coaching cohorts and would like to add this topic for coaching or for the Academy. Thanks! Janet D.

Hi Janet,

Yes! We are planning to have coaching cohorts specifically to help talent to learn more about and prepare for Upwork Skill Certification. We don't have exact timing for those yet, but I encourage you to check out the Coaching page from time to time if you're interested. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths