🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Skill Certification
Page options
riverey
Community Member

Upwork Skill Certifications

Hi,

I am a no-code Web Developer and Designer and a Graphic Designer. Recently I've received an invitation to take on a "Web, Mobile & Software Development" Upwork Skill Certification. However, from what I see in the documentation, this Certification is geared mostly for programmers. I develop websites using no-code tools like Webflow, Airtable and unfortunately can not choose any of the existing options.

I do, however, feel that I can qualify for the UI/UX and Graphic Design Certifications in the Design&Creative category.

Is there a way to change the category? It's great to receive an invite and showcase my skills to the client but it's sad that the current category doesn't match what I do.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Upwork Skill Certifications help freelancers showcase their expertise. Skill certifications highlight talent that has demonstrated competency in their field by passing a rigorous skill assessment or sample work review, evaluated by experts in their field.

For more information about the feature, please see this announcement.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

242 REPLIES 242
JoanneP

Hi Georgy,

I apologized for the delay in our response to your post. Please know that I've escalated your concern to the team. They have confirmed that one of our agents reached out to assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
tkeyah22
Community Member

Do we must be invited to do a skill certification? Or I can find it somewhere on the site?

Hi T'Keyah,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing.

~Andrea
Upwork
hasanmuhammad88
Community Member

i have been inivted for the upwork Skill certification. First tell me am i the lucky one to get that invitation? secondly can you please tell me how can i prepare for the certification

Hi Hasan,

Thanks for reaching out. For the Web, Mobile & Software Development certification, we suggest you review, “How do I prepare for this coding test?” and explore CodeSignal's knowledge base. To take a practice coding assessment, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jomarcentermjm
Community Member

I was invited to the skill certification and inputted my skill and pressed. but after I been given the links to the guidelines (there was no link to learn more about it until you the accept button and select the test)I notice the time frame and I have no time currently to take the test.

it is alright to postpone the skill certification without affecting my access to the certification test in the future.

I havn't pressed the Take test button on code signal part does it affect my access to the test in the future

and also my suggestion to have it link to the help page even before the user can pressed the accept button.

I also contacted support and the provided e-mail about it.

b800c425
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I have 2 questions related to my upcoming Skill Certification CGA on CodeSignal.

- I am using a laptop for attempting the test. But the quality of the image taken by laptop is not great. So, the text on the National ID Card is not easily readable. The text on the ID card is itself small. So, I am worried that I might not get verified for the test and disqualified.

- I have recently changed my Upwork Profile name. I got invitation to the test almost 10 days ago (when I had the old name). I wanted to ask if changing the name will require me to request for a new assessment link or is it ok to use the link already sent by Upwork.

Thanks

Hi Bugs,

Our team will update your ticket with the number 33479303 as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. If you have any additional questions, feel free to update the same ticket at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
226d9c6c
Community Member

Hi,
Does upwork skill cert invitation expire after a certain number of days. If yes , then how many days ? Thanks.

Hi, I received upwork skill test invitation for design and creative. I would like to take some time to properly organize my portfolio as I'm really busy with family matters right now and am not able to devote time towards my upwork profile.
Thank you

Hi Shikhar,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your query. I will also reach out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
226d9c6c
Community Member

Thank you very much Nikola.

Did you get the answer? I have the same query.

Hi Md. 

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this further.  We don't have a deadline for applying for the Design & Creative Upwork Skill Certification. However, we want to set expectations, and you can go through the application process later as long as it's still available and you meet the current eligibility guidelines.

We can't guarantee future test availability, but you can always reach out, and our team will assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork
5aaf6738
Community Member

Can anyone explain me the benefits of upwork skill certification test?

Hi Akhik,

Upwork Skill Certifications indicate proficiency in one or more skills on your Upwork profile. You might want to check this help article to learn more about this program. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

And can you plz tell me, how do I prep for this test??

petra_r
Community Member

Akhik D wrote:

And can you plz tell me, how do I prep for this test??

You don't. It's to confirm you have the skills you say you have on your profile.

izzy_van_alen
Community Member

Hello! I've got an email to apply for a Skill Certification program. I applyed as brand identity expert, so can you, please, to have a look at my portfolio and say, what would you change? It would help me very much. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

viasdominique
Community Member

How does Upwork determine whom to invite for a Skills Certification review?

Hi Dominique,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. Completing a skill certification in your primary field is required before applying to our Talent Scout program. 

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, Nikola thanks for your answer. I am aware of the 'prerequisites' and I believe I meet all of them. But I happened to chance another Upwork profile of someone I know who is only a few months old, a 'rising talent' and has already been Skill certified. Meanwhile, I have been on Upwork for years. So what gives?

Good luck, I still dont get this whole process either.

Someone else in here, Christine, messaged me a while ago, informing that "there was a post in the forum just now from a guy who hasn't even completed one project yet, and he got an invitation to be Expert Vetted." How embarassing that they would really have the audacity to certify someone with zero reviews.

Meanwhile I've been on Upwork for about 1.5 years, have about 175k in earnings, and I still am not an expert enough to be invited lol. The only comfort is that it does not appear to have any effect whatsoever on earnings or success so it seems to be generally pointless.

Ah is it though? I guess it won't affect the numbers but it creates an impression to have that badge in the profile. 

Meanwhile I'd be eager to see what Nikola has to say.

Hi Gina and Dominique,

Thank you for your messages. I am sorry to hear how you feel about the Skill certification and the Expert Vetted Talent program. Invitations for both programs vary depending upon a combination of factors. As confirmed by Nikola, we don’t have an option to request an invite at this time. You may want to refer to the suggestions shared by him to increase your chance to get invited to these programs. Check out the help page for Skills certification and Expert Vetted Talent for more information.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

" For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. Completing a skill certification in your primary field is required before applying to our Talent Scout program. "

I've been doing all of those things for well over a year, again 99% positive feedback (I've never once even had to request a rating be removed) and on track to hit 200k in earnings. The program is clearly nonsense when Upwork is inviting people who haven't even completed a single contract are being extended invites. And I'm sure me saying this puts me at the bottom of this very well-thought out, exclusive, imaginative qualification-based invite list. Another thing is I was also told that if I was accepted to the Upwork Talent Scout Design Cloud, I'd have an easier time getting Expert Vetted. Well, that program was also nonsense because there have been almost no jobs posted there since Day 1. Currently it's been how many months since that was rolled out, and it's showing not one single job post in there. And still I go on without being Expert Vetted. Part of me doesn't care because I'm doing fine, and part of me is thinking on principal, this is completely and totally ridiculous when I'm witnessing wildly unqualified people receiving this invite.

AndreaG

Hi all,

Upwork Skill Certifications help freelancers showcase their expertise. Skill certifications highlight talent that has demonstrated competency in their field by passing a rigorous skill assessment or sample work review, evaluated by experts in their field.

For more information about the feature, please see this announcement.

~Andrea
Upwork
c109288b
Community Member

Thanks, Andera.

You're really kind and beautiful lady.

I wanna keep our conversation.

How can I do that?

8721ad28
Community Member

Hello, please what are the steps one can take to get an invite to upwork certification?

Hi Augusta,

Thank you for reaching out to us. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Arjay
Upwork
limc
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I received the invitation for certification, but when I try to log in to Monday it simply returns to the same page, I cannot advance. Is there any solution to this?

Thank you so much

Hi Leonor, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I encourage you to send an email to our team using the following address assessments@upwork.com. They will look into your email and follow up with you once they have more info regarding your Certificate application. 

You can also check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
11bf18ee
Community Member

Hello,

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with logging in to Monday to complete your certification. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, then try logging in again.
  2. Try using a different web browser to see if the issue persists.
  3. Make sure you're entering the correct login credentials, including your username and password.
  4. Contact Monday's support team for assistance if the issue persists. They may be able to provide further troubleshooting steps or resolve any technical issues on their end.

If you provide more details about the specific error message or any other symptoms you're encountering, I can offer more tailored assistance. Good luck, and I hope you're able to resolve the issue soon!

Best regards,

Muhammad Adeel

d_gulmatov
Community Member

I really want to get JavaScript Skill verification test Could someone help me with it?

Hi Doston,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

~Andrea
Upwork
the3dguru
Community Member

Hello Support,

I am, or perhaps was, part of the Talent Scout program. I've been invited to try the screening process a second time, and I was given a link to set a date for a coding test. I recall setting the date for today though I don't have any record of the date now and might have accidentally chosen another day.

I got a message saying the request had been received and that a new link will be sent a few days before the requested date. I haven't received a link and today is the day I thought the test was, but perhaps I did book the wrong day. Is there some way I can find out what day the test will be?

Steve

Hi Steven,

I apologize for the delay in our response. I've requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
siovchev
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I have the problem with adding my CPE certificate to my profile here.

I have sent it from CPE to Upwork well over 10 days ago but it still does not show. I have the details and both the results from the exam itself and the official certificate I received after this.

I saw from previous topics that support contacts the people with this problem through a support ticket.

I will wait for your feedback. Thank you in advance.

Hi Svetlozar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members