cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork Support isn't working

Community Guru
Signe J Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
1 of 5

I'm a Top Rated Freelancer and have had access to Upwork's chat support in the past. I'm encountering an issue that I can't solve via the generic help articles and am trying to get assistance, so I'd like to use the chat support feature right now. As always, I am going to support.upwork.com and am being herded through the generic solutions to arrive at the screen depicted below -- the one where I should be able to choose chat, phone, or email support. Whenever I click the "chat" option, however, I'm not taken to a chat window. Instead, I get rerouted to the support landing page (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us). Have my privileges been revoked? If so, (1) why and (2) how can I get them restored? And most importantly, how can I get quick assistance right now? This job is time-sensitive so I can't want to wait a day or two for an email response, and I have a hearing issue that makes phone support challenging/frustrating. I've gone through the whole process 5 or 6 times now with the exact same results. 
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
2 of 5

Next question: can someone explain how a screenshot of the Upwork website a violation of community guidelines? The removed screenshot didn't contain any personal messages, client or freelancer info, job identification data, etc. It was just a screenshot of the support website. I included it to show that yes, I'm correctly following the steps to get to the chat/email/phone support selection option.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 5

Hi Signe,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you shortly via ticket to assist you further with your issue. I will also make a note that your being redirected once you click on the chat option so that it is investigated further. 
Just to confirm that, I removed your screenshot because your full name was listed in the upper right corner.
If you need further help from me let me know, if private details are involved feel free to send me a PM. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
4 of 5

Thanks for the clarification -- and also, good eye. I didn't realize that was there.

I haven't received an email yet, but I'll keep checking. I also tried chat support again and it's still not working.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 5

Hi Signe,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket, please double check your ticket section on this Link. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS