cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GSD - Upwork Talent Group

Haseeb H Member Since: Feb 1, 2016
11 of 44

Are you guys really working on the behalf of Upwork???

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 44

Hi Haseeb, 

Please take note that I have removed your attached image as it violates the Upwork Community Guidelines - Posting email content, chat transcripts or other private communication.

You may read more about the community guidelines here

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
13 of 44

Lena,

I am bumping this thread, as there is absolutely no official information on this GSD - Upwork Talent Group to be found anywhere (except for your answer in this thread). There is nothing in the help center/support documentation. Searching for the term brings up docs about Pro Groups, which have nothing to do with it.

I know it's a legit group: But since UW hasn't published anything about the group and/or its purpose, it seems a fair number of people receiving its invites feel scammed/insecure. And I get why - they ask for a lot of private data during the onboarding process!

Ela

Highlighted
Jason T Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
14 of 44

Lena, is there a way to send feedback to the Talent Group? I appreciate the referrals, but they're maybe 50/50 at best. Some are bad fit and some are just bad jobs. Is there a way to send the Talent Group feedback so they can improve their recommendations? It would make my life easier and presumably they want to make the best possible recommendations as well. I assume their metrics are related to successful matches and not just the quantity of messages they send.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
15 of 44

Hi Jason,

When you decline an invitation that doesn't fit your profile skills or expectations, then you have the option to provide a reason as to why you have chosen to decline. Please note that the Talent Group team checks the information left in your reason for declining and uses it to to continue to improve their processes so it is a great place to provide feedback for the team that will help them improve the invitations.

~Nina
Untitled
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
16 of 44

This thread is two years old.

Sara A Member Since: Nov 19, 2017
17 of 44

I got a few invitations from enterprise clients, none of which fit my skill set.

But I would love to learn more about joining upwork pro or some talent clouds, is there any way to do that?

Community Guru
18 of 44

Hi Sara,

You can check out more information about Upwork Pro Group here and can find information regarding Talent Clouds in this thread. Hope that helps.

~Nina
Untitled
Sara A Member Since: Nov 19, 2017
19 of 44

Thanks Nina,

I read the links you provided.

Is there any way to apply for upwork pro?

I see that talent clouds are by invite only, is that correct?

Is that even if I'm getting invites from enterprise clients?

Thanks,

Sara

Community Guru
20 of 44

Hi Sara,

I can confirm that both of these groups are by invite only at this time. The team reaches out directly to freelancers who qualify for either program.

~Nina
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS