Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** - Upwork Talent Group

chikuse
Community Guru
Jiang C Member Since: Dec 8, 2013
1 of 44

What is GSD - Upwork Talent Group? It keeps sending invitations to me and I've declined, blocked, and guess I've reported them as well several month ago, but I still got 3 invitations from it yesterday. 

There are 799 applicants (invitations sent I guess), 95 interviews, and 0 hire. It asks people to register at another website, etc. It looks as a scam to me.

The question is why after I blocked it, it can still send invitations to me? What will happen if I ignore these invitations? Will that impact my JSS or anything?

Thanks!

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 44

HI Jiang, 

GSD- Upwork Talent Group is a valid group as are those invites. I will check in with that team to have your email removed from their list so that you will no longer be sent invites from them. Ignoring the invites will not effect your JSS score.

-Lena

Untitled

View solution in original post

chikuse
Community Guru
3 of 44

Thanks Lena! Yes, please remove my name from their list. It's so annoying that after I declined two of their invites, I got a third one in the same day. 

chikuse
Community Guru
4 of 44

Didn't seem to work at all! I got another one. This is horrible!!!

translating4u
Cristina G Member Since: Feb 4, 2016
5 of 44

Hello. I am surprised of your request. I have worked for GSD Upwork Talent Group and made a lot of money. Furthermore, I find their jobs very interesting and I have always received the payments in no time. I can confirm because I have worked for them several times, that they are not a SCAM and their job offers are very good. I wish they would be sending me more job offers.

chikuse
Community Guru
6 of 44

Oh, really? Good to know. Still, I'm not interested in their jobs.

Besides, what is GSD -Upwork Talent Group anyway? I simply can't understand why they could keep sending me messages after I've declined and blocked it. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 44

It is not a client, it is clients inviting selected freelancers via the talent group.

If you do NOT want any clients to invite you, set your availability to not available.

Frankly excluding clients just because they found you on a group is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

chikuse
Community Guru
8 of 44

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. All I'm saying is I can't stand a client keeps sending me the same job again and again during the past few months after I've declined that job many times. 

It has nothing to do with my availability or anything else you've mentioned in your reply. But thanks for your advice anyway.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 44

And once again ..

It is not a client

It is a group of freelancers, a "selection"  from which special clients can choose freelancers to invite.

Those are all sorts of different clients.

neelampatil
Neelam P Member Since: Feb 18, 2016
10 of 44

Hi Christina, could you please tell me a little about what kind of jobs have you completed for this group. I got an interview request from them and would like to know what exactly is it that they do. Thanks a lot. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS