Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** - Upwork Talent Group

joiecelis
Marjorie C Member Since: Sep 11, 2018
31 of 44

hi vladimir

i'm not sure if i'm in the right thread. i only wanted to ask if P&G, UL, and J&J accounts are handled by only one talent group. in general, is there a specific talent group for each enterprise client?
thanks.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
32 of 44

Hi Marjorie,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community with your question. Could you please click on my name > select Message > send me a pm with more details regarding your enquiry so I can take a look and advise? Thanks!

Untitled
joiecelis
Marjorie C Member Since: Sep 11, 2018
33 of 44
hi vladimir

i clicked on the Message button but this is what i got

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to
perform this action.

Click your browser's *Back* button to continue.
elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
34 of 44

@Gabor K wrote:

Hello Garnor,

I have just received a contract offer from P&G Upwork Talent Group. Is this the same is the aforementioned GSD? Or are there more talent groups around than one?
Thank you!

Best regards,
Gabor

I hope your invite is worth it. Mine wasn't.

All I received was another fancy badge on my profile - the job itself didn't pay well and the execution process was rather messy - and the 5 other jobs posted in my Talent Cloud are all for entry level freelancers Smiley Sad

It just proves that UW's top enterprise clients aren't necessarily looking (=don't want to pay) for top talent.

kissgabor2030
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
35 of 44

Sorry to hear that, Ela. This talent group has got only designer/PowerPoint beautification jobs since then, some translator tasks even, but none of them in my language. You can't win 'em all.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
36 of 44

@Ela K wrote:

@Gabor K wrote:

Hello Garnor,

I have just received a contract offer from P&G Upwork Talent Group. Is this the same is the aforementioned GSD? Or are there more talent groups around than one?
Thank you!

Best regards,
Gabor

I hope your invite is worth it. Mine wasn't.

All I received was another fancy badge on my profile - the job itself didn't pay well and the execution process was rather messy - and the 5 other jobs posted in my Talent Cloud are all for entry level freelancers Smiley Sad

It just proves that UW's top enterprise clients aren't necessarily looking (=don't want to pay) for top talent.

Which makes a lot of sense, really. An enterprise client would presumably be large enough to have full-time employees in key roles,and use freelancers only for overflow or for large projects requiring multiple people.

I know that when I hired both in-house writers and freelancers for two different corporations, the high-level work went to my in-house writers whose strengths and weaknesses I knew well, who were intimately familiar with the company's products, services, values, etc. and who were sitting a few feet away from me to collaborate and brainstorm. At times I also had more than a dozen freelancers writing for me,  but they were always doing the work that required the least industry knowledge and the least independent judgment.

dataextract
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
37 of 44
Seems some of the newbies are getting invitations, but I am yet to get it. Smiley Sad
lalunawrites
Maritza C Member Since: Feb 3, 2016
38 of 44

Bump...I know that if I have an 'invite' from a company that wants me to instal some sort of software either in my computer or phone is a NO-NO for me. Pay is low, they want more information from ME than they are providing about them, nope, nope. Use discretion.

tirmizi_zeeshan
Community Leader
Zeeshan T Member Since: Jul 4, 2016
39 of 44
Hello guys I'm a student and I don't have experience of freelancing before and I got a job offer from this so called upwork talent group. Is it safe to work there?
"Not a minor"
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
40 of 44

Hi Zeeshan,

Yes, the invite you received is legitimate and please make sure to follow our agent's instructions when replying to the invite.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS