🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Talent Scount invitation legitimate?
Page options
f6d0c22d
Community Member

Upwork Talent Scount invitation legitimate?

I just received an invitation to submit a proposal for this Upwork Talent Scout program by someone claiming to be a Talent Consultant internally with Upwork. They sent me a link to confirm a date for an interview, but as I understand Upwork's chat system already allows for meetings to be schedueled. So I'm wary of the legitimacy of this link and I'm afraid this could be a potential pishing scam. Is there anyone who can confirm if this program is legitimate and safe to follow through with the instructions?

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ericaandrews
Community Member

It looks legitimate if you signed up to join their 'talent pool' program, which is similar to the 'expert vetted'.  I got similar messages like that a couple months ago when I was considering joining their 'pool' before opting out

If you did request to join the 'talent pool', you should be able to see your progress by going here.

https://www.upwork.com/staffing/talent/dashboard

Each job category has different requirements for completing the 'talent scout' / 'talent pool' verification.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ericaandrews
Community Member

It looks legitimate if you signed up to join their 'talent pool' program, which is similar to the 'expert vetted'.  I got similar messages like that a couple months ago when I was considering joining their 'pool' before opting out

If you did request to join the 'talent pool', you should be able to see your progress by going here.

https://www.upwork.com/staffing/talent/dashboard

Each job category has different requirements for completing the 'talent scout' / 'talent pool' verification.

jay1228
Community Member

I recieve them regularly. They do match my industry and experience but they never get back to me. I accept the invitations and send out proposals knowing that it wont work. Are they legit or is there anything shady about them? 

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Talent Scout matches the most highly skilled talent on Upwork with clients who are looking for the best in their chosen field. These are exclusive roles with clients who want to work with the top independent professionals around.

If your proposal is selected, you’ll receive a response from the client. To read more about Talent Scout for Freelancers, check out this article.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths