🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Time tracker portable App ?
Page options
nipurnsays
Community Member

Upwork Time tracker portable App ?

Hello Colleagues and Co-workers,

I am looking for the upwork time tracker windows 64 bit portable version.

Until now i used to create it myself using online cameyo as upwork doesn't provide any portable version of the application. However, the cameyo software does not work always or maybe for me( keeps giving no server available error)  and hence i am unable to do so, if anyone of you can make that and share the link would be very helpfu or let me know of any other online method to do the same.

PS - Since i work on multiple laptops and most are corporate hence due to various policies could not install applications. Also since, upwork keeps updating the app hence the previous versions become outdated and you have to get a new one.

I am not sure whether this shall be helpful for others but if we regularly update the portable app link on the post i assume it may be useful for many who face similar situations.

Thanks.

Please correct if there is anything against the community guidelines, i am not aware about.

Have a great day.

Best Regards

Nipurn B.

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Nipurn,

Although it is not against the Upwork TOS, using the Upwork Desktop app and track time via a virtual machine isn't officially supported. To reliably track your time using the app, would have to install it on the computer(s) where you wish to use it. You can check here to learn more. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for your response, though i am replying late but are there any plans to launch a browser based time tracking app ? or an add on kind of solution which works for all.

Hi Nipurn,

I'm afraid that official support for using the Upwork Desktop app through a virtual machine isn't in our immediate roadmap. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members