🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Timetracker / Chat keeps restarting
Page options
liquidom0092
Community Member

Upwork Timetracker / Chat keeps restarting

So the Upwork time tracker has a pop up that says "New Version Available UTA was updated and is going to be reloaded soon" then gives the option to "Reload Now" oir "Delay for a while". I pressed the button to reload the app and it restarts, but the same pop up keeps showing. If I ignore it or press the "Delay for a while" upwork resets itself after a short time. This has happened over and over countless times today. I have uninstalled it from my computer and reinstalled it with no success, it continues to say the same thing and to reload / restarts itself at random times.

While working on projects it's resets and resets the time that's being tracked and I haven't found anything online for this issue. I hope there's someone out there that can give me a suggestion on how to fix this issue!

A side note, my laptop had the same popup but once I pushed the update button it went away and hasn't reset, this is just my computer that's having an issue. The version of time tracker is v5.4.2.2 and I've attached a screen shot of the popup. Someone please help I can't work like this. I was typing a message to a client and it restarted deleting the message with it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Roman,

Please try the troubleshooting steps below:
For MacOS: 

1.) Uninstall the application Upwork Tracker from your system/device.
 2.) Open the terminal app
 3.) Run this command> tccutil reset All
 4.) Then run this command> mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}
 5.) Go to the Upwork website and download/install the latest version

For Windows:

1. exit/close the Upwork app
2. Delete Upwork folder below
3. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Upwork
4. start the app again

If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
deanguevara
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I have uninstalled and re-install but getting the same pop up. It is annoying now.

Agree about it being annoying especially if you're trying to do work and it
keeps popping up and crashing...

Hi Tom and Deanna,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same issue thanks

Hi Jeremiah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have also the same issue. Thanks!

Hi Clifford,

Our team will reach out to you as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am facing the same issue now. Thanks

Hi Roman,

For MacOS: 

For Windows:

4. start the app again

If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Exactly the same issue here, with both 5.4.2.2 release and 5.4.2.3 beta. This is very frustrating, especially when you lose the message you wrote because stupid thing do not respect that you actually doing something at the moment.

Did I get it right, and the tip above is equal to "Clear Cache and Restart" button in the app settings, and will lead to loss of all local data? Does it affect the time tracked today (I already have an hour logged in the app, but it doesn't show on site)? Does this mean I will lost this hour or will need to add it manually later?

I am having the same issue for 2 days now

Hi Racquel,

For MacOS: 

For Windows:

4. start the app again

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran! That indeed fixed the issue!

Hello,

I am facing the same issue with Ubuntu 64 bit. I have downloaded the latest version and installed but still, the problem is same.

Can you please suggest the solution for Linux? 

The solution from Goran V. worked for me. Thank you.

I have also the same issue. Thanks!

this problem started on July 1

I solved the problem by reading your instructions for deleting a folder 🙂 thanks!

a_gutnik
Community Member

Hi Joanne! I have the same issue, can you please help me?

Same issue here! It keeps popping up while I'm tracking time, like once a minute.

Hi Ashlee,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a_gutnik
Community Member

I have the same issue, please help me!
Thanks

Hi Alexandra,

Please try the troubleshooting steps I`ve shared in a previous post here. 
If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I also have the same issues even after trying the solution posted. Can you please help me? Thanks. 

Hi Aimee and Ramesh.

Our team will reach out to you both via tickets and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
durgeshmityung
Community Member

the Upwork time tracker has a pop up that says "New Version Available UTA was updated and is going to be reloaded soon" then gives the option to "Reload Now" oir "Delay for a while". I pressed the button to reload the app and it restarts, but the same pop up keeps showing. If I ignore it or press the "Delay for a while" upwork resets itself after a short time. This has happened over and over countless times today. I have uninstalled it from my computer and reinstalled it with no success, it continues to say the same thing and to reload/restarts itself at random times.

I am using Ubuntu 64 bit.

I have uninstalled and downloaded version. Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

dhengp
Community Member

Yesterday, Wednesday, July 1, the upwork tracker opened a pop-up saying that I needed to update my App. I did update and still showing the pop-up, every 2 min. When I click on reload now if it´s on it closes and turns off the time tracker. If I don´t click on anything it closes to reload and also turns off the time tracker. Sometimes, when the pop-up message shows the tracker also shows in front of me, on the main page, the page that I´m working on. So I have to minimize.
Even when I´m not working, and it´s not even open the time tracker the pop-up message is showing every 2 minutes.
I already uninstall the App and stalled again, but nothing is changing. The only solution that I come up whit is to Delay for a while, but I have to do that every two minutes. Thanks for your help!Ana 1.jpg

dhengp
Community Member

Oh by the way, this is a problem of one of my team member. She can't open her upwork and can you please email me & her the solution so that we can both see how to solve this problem? 

here's her email:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daisy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you and your team member via support tickets to assist you with this issue.

Thank you for reaching out o us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

This is exactly what is happening to me also.

We tried to uninstall the app from the C drive and reinstall it like a lot
of time but it didn't work

Once you find something that works, will you share it to me?

Thanks a lot.
camperosdavid
Community Member

I have the same problem. I tried reinstalling the app but didn't work.

Also I'm having this strange glitch in Kubuntu 20.04.

Hi David,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members