🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Tracker
Page options
adham-kharoub
Community Member

Upwork Tracker

Hi.

Can anyone please help me understand how the tracker functions lately? Because it used to be screenshots with 10 mins intervals, now sometimes it goes to 12 mins, 15 mins or even 18 mins without a screenshot or time stamp, and sometimes I log off after finishing the work of the day with last screenshot taken at 08:30pm for example although I kept working until ~08:50pm, aren't those 20 mins of time that I won't be paid although I did work on it?

And yeah, I tried clearing cache thousands of times, logging out and in and so.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is possible. You can wait for screenshot taken then stop worktimer, enter workdiary and remove additional time if needed. But if client end contract before this last screenshot you will lose this time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

Screenshot timing is random. Average is 10 min. Check work diary, is all time stored to be sure.

Never knew it was supposed to be random, and I've been on Upwork for more than 4 years now, thanks for that.

Although, how is that fair if I ended the job with last screenshot and therefore last timestamp is ~20 mins before I've actually finished working? Like, I have been working since 07:00pm until 08:35pm and work diary timestamps stopped at 08:15pm or so, so according to it I was working for 1.15 hours while actual work took 1.35 hours?

It is possible. You can wait for screenshot taken then stop worktimer, enter workdiary and remove additional time if needed. But if client end contract before this last screenshot you will lose this time.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Really appreciate it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths