🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Trust and Safety Team is to protec...
Page options
zohaiib
Community Member

Upwork Trust and Safety Team is to protect fraud Clients?

Upwork is no more safe for Freelancers. Upwork Trust & Safety Team is to protect fraud Clients so that they can leave with their money after getting work done.

Recently I worked for a client and got paid. After 2 days Upwork team placed a temporary hold on my earnings as they found that the client is a fraud, Upwork reversed my earnings back to client and removed his account. Even the client's profile was old and having positive reviews on his profile with some jobs done. His payment method was verified too.

Neither He (client) filed any dispute to get his money back nor I allowed Upwork to refund the funds to the Client. My funds were not in escrow, funds were in my earnings and it means that client approved my payment after getting his work done.

It means anyone can go away after taking services and Upwork will help them by reversing money from freelancer's account. They must make sure that freelancer should get paid before removing fraud clients account from marketplace.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had and the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account and I can see that you're communicating with our term on your ticket with the number 32470503. Feel free to follow up directly there if you have any additional questions and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had and the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account and I can see that you're communicating with our term on your ticket with the number 32470503. Feel free to follow up directly there if you have any additional questions and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

"Fixed Price contracts are not covered by the Upwork Payment Protection." is this true?
What kind of contracts are eligible for Upwork Payment Protection?
What is the purpose of Escrow?

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Zohaib F wrote:

What kind of contracts are eligible for Upwork Payment Protection?

Only hourly contracts.

Did the client ask you to buy something for them? 

zohaiib
Community Member

"Did the client ask you to buy something for them?" Never. He just approved the milestone and ended the contract after getting his work done. I worked as freelancer for him.

I am sorry you had a bad experience.

But it sounds like this client was using a fraudulent payment method.

Client's Payment Method was verified then How they(client or his payment method bank etc.) can get their money back without Upwork consent?

How Upwork can charge such "fraudulent payment method" and submit funds into Escrow?  

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Zohaib F wrote:

How Upwork can charge such "fraudulent payment method" and submit funds into Escrow?  

Stolen or hacked payment method, money laundering, organuzed crime, all manner of possible reasons.

With a stolen or hacked payment method Upwork wouldn't and couldn't know that it is fraudulent until the real owner notices...

zohaiib
Community Member

@Petra, Please explain me this.  

petra_r
Community Member

If you read the terms of service carefully you'll find the exception in fraud cases, or chargebacks etc

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths