🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Warning message! WORRIED!
Page options
davesantamaria
Community Member

Upwork Warning message! WORRIED!

Hi. I am so worried right now because I received a meesage like this:

"Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract has started or paying outside of Upwork is against our Terms of Service."

I did not communicate outside Upwork and this client of mine interviewed me to apply on his job posting. He was just sending his login details on his Shopify which is a "gmail" email address.

He also send me an offer but I did not accept it yet because we're still messaging on Upwork and still on the process of sending instruction regarding the job. Is this safe? Is there a possibility that my account will be on hold? Or worst get banned? I'm worried!

Thank you for aswering this.

5 REPLIES 5
mehdieseo
Community Member

Hello Dave,

Many fake buyers try to hamper some freelancers,

they try to convince you, can we work outside of the Upwork market place.

don,t worry, report them on Upwork.

Thanks 

Mehdiseo

Mehedi

Hi @Mehedi

Thank you for your reply. He is legit actually and he sends me an offer on Upwork. I did not accept it yet because we're still adjusting the hourly rate.  The details that he messaged was his Shopify login details. After he sends that, Upwork sends a notice as I mentioned above.

petra_r
Community Member

Dave S wrote:

Is there a possibility that my account will be on hold? Or worst get banned? I'm worried!

No, don't worry, just make sure you write something along the lines of "Thanks for sendig me your log in details for shopify. As per Upwork's terms of service, I will only use to to scope the work, and we will continue our communication here on Upwork until I've accepted the contract."

Mehedi H wrote:

don,t worry, report them on Upwork.

Don't be ridiculous. There is nothing to report the client for.

Hi @Petra

Thank you so much for helping me out.

I already accepted his offer but I did not wrote something like what you advice to do.

Is this still okay?

Dave S wrote:

Thank you so much for helping me out.

I already accepted his offer but I did not wrote something like what you advice to do.

Is this still okay?

It's absolutely fine,

Now you have a contract, you can communicate however you like as well.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members