🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork access from Mac Safari just stoppe...
Page options
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Upwork access from Mac Safari just stopped working

Out of the blue it shows Google captcha which is endless - it won't let me through however long i pick bicycles, pedestrian crossings, fire hydrants etc... Saying i am accessing from a browser with no cookies enabled or something. But i used same Safari for years with no issues 🙂

Switched to Chrome and obviously it works fine. Must be a glitch, please fix.

7 REPLIES 7
lanosmedia
Community Member

I have the same issue and it's on Safari, Chrome and on mobile.

Screenshot 2019-08-30 at 19.45.10.png

alexandernovikov
Community Member

But got to say, the site works whole, whole lot better on Chrome. I think i'll stick with it. Many of the super annoying bugs which i started to get used to on Safari, aren't there on Chrome.

I've noticed the Upwork site will give you constant captcha's if you use any kind of privacy browser...I tried for a while, but they beat me down and now I use firefox just for upwork basically

Hi All,

Asking users to enter CAPTCHA when we detect unusual activity is one of the tools Upwork uses to help ensure a safe online workplace. That said, it's not normal when CAPTCHA appears too often.

Please, make sure that

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled
  • Your browser does not block ads
  • Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
chhickish
Community Member

"Your browser does not block ads"

Erm what is the justification for that exactly?

Logic of some ad blockers may prevent some of the javascript critical to Upwork functionality, from working.

It is also a bit immoral to block ads, i have to add.

Immoral?  Going to have to respectfully disagree with you there sir...but I certainly understand the argument

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths