🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork app Time Tracker and iPad Pro iOS 11
Page options
korana007
Community Member

Upwork app Time Tracker and iPad Pro iOS 11

Hello!!

I have recently tested new iPad Pro iOS 11. I found it is absolutley fantastic tool for image editing, digital painting and creative work that I do (I'm graphic designer). That way I could do the work when travelling and be more effective in communication with my clients when I'm on the go.

Is there any possibility that you will have 'Time Tracker' compatible with the iPad Pro in the near future?? I would kindly suggest you to take this in review. This could benefit to Upwork, which means that similar individuals like me could spend more hours and earn more money while travelling.

Thank you,

Best regards,
Korana

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Korana,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Korana,

~ Goran
Upwork

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Korana,

It has been shared literally 100s of times.

Fact is and fact remains that Apple does not allow the functionalities required by the tracker to function on iOS.

So until this changes, there will not be a tracker that records keystroke and mouseclick (or equivalent) activity on any iPad or iPhone.

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Korana,

No one believes this!

@Jess C wrote:

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Korana,

No one believes this!

A sneak preview of the "Review suggestions that have been made 100+ times already" Team's corner in the Upwork office:

It only looks like a shredder ;)It only looks like a shredder 😉

mimisee
Community Member

Sad, I had the same request. 

Is there any other way to track time? 

😂

Its 2023 already and no updates lol

Lol

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "which means that similar individuals like me could spend more hours and earn more money while travelling."

If someone wants to use the time-tracker tool while traveling, they can use a laptop computer.

There ARE touch screen models which allow tablet-like use AND support Upwork time-tracker, e.g. Surface Pro.

Or they can use manually logged time.

Yeah, but who uses windows? Lol

atachristine
Community Member

Hello! I know this is a year later from the posted date. But I use a mirroring software that displays my iPad screen to my windows PC screen wirelessly. Therefore my upwork desktop tracker can see what I'm doing from my iPad through the mirroring window. (I attached what it'll look like below)

There are plenty of software you can use such as Lonely Screen (what I use), Reflector 3 (If you have Google Home or Airplay connected devices) and there is also a free one called 5kplayer. I think the software I mentioned above are compatible with Mac too. 

I hope this helps! 

But UpWork tracker actually tracks keystroke and mouse movement as far as I know. Without keystroke and mouse movement tracker will stop working after certain time. How do you solve that?

This is a good one. Thanks for sharing. Does this mean that I’d also have to have my laptop with me when traveling and using the iPad?

Kyle Loy S wrote:
This is a good one. Thanks for sharing. Does this mean that I’d also have to have my laptop with me when traveling and using the iPad?

Not necessarily, if you can establish stable mirroring to and control of the laptop from the iPad while traveling. I'm still not seeing an answer to mouse and keyboard recording.

Thank you! This helped me a lot!

How about the keyboard strokes and mouse clicks? Does it count or you have another software for it?
nancyrojasdesign
Community Member

You can use an app called ApowerMirror, have to install it on iPad and Mac device.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 10.57.47 AM.png

hickis
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I have the same request - it's 2022 and we still need Time Tracker app for iOS!

avabinary
Community Member

It's now 2023 and still no way to track time on an IPad?

aizaaserrano
Community Member

I have my ipad pro, and magic keyboard. When travelling it is way more convenient that a 13" laptop. I can work with office 365 apps like normal. Do having the time tracker works in ipad would be great

dodeti
Community Member

We really need this because I currently work with a client that sends me all type of requests at anytime pf the day or night, so I am loosing $$ because sometimes I end up using my phone, I would take my iPad to run fast errands and not my laptop, and I don't like putting in the manual time, it creates distrust in my opinion, it's 2023...we need Upwork on iPad..

gmavelasco
Community Member

LOL marking this "solved" should mean that an app has already been developed. Having both a laptop and an ipad just so you could record time beats the purpose of "portability". Upwork timer for ipad and for android should be made a reality. Many of us, especially graphic designers, graphic artists, graphic illustrators, and other creatives, are able to use iPad apps to do certain projects. How would we be able to track time while drawing on the iPad without having the need to be connected to a laptop?

cdb73f0c
Community Member

Hello everyone. I got my first job on upwork and I find out that there is no time tracket for ipad. Hahaha. I use Procreate for drawing. 😞

95aa19f5
Community Member

...2024 and still no Upwork for iPad :')

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths