cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork app Time Tracker and iPad Pro iOS 11

Korana S Member Since: Apr 30, 2015
1 of 10

Hello!!

I have recently tested new iPad Pro iOS 11. I found it is absolutley fantastic tool for image editing, digital painting and creative work that I do (I'm graphic designer). That way I could do the work when travelling and be more effective in communication with my clients when I'm on the go.

Is there any possibility that you will have 'Time Tracker' compatible with the iPad Pro in the near future?? I would kindly suggest you to take this in review. This could benefit to Upwork, which means that similar individuals like me could spend more hours and earn more money while travelling.

Thank you,

Best regards,
Korana

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

Hi Korana,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our team.

Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 10

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Korana,

It has been shared literally 100s of times.

Fact is and fact remains that Apple does not allow the functionalities required by the tracker to function on iOS.

So until this changes, there will not be a tracker that records keystroke and mouseclick (or equivalent) activity on any iPad or iPhone.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
4 of 10

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Korana,

No one believes this!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 10

@Jess C wrote:

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Korana,

No one believes this!

A sneak preview of the "Review suggestions that have been made 100+ times already" Team's corner in the Upwork office:

suggest.jpgIt only looks like a shredder Smiley Wink

Jillian E Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
6 of 10

Lol

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 10

re: "which means that similar individuals like me could spend more hours and earn more money while travelling."

If someone wants to use the time-tracker tool while traveling, they can use a laptop computer.

There ARE touch screen models which allow tablet-like use AND support Upwork time-tracker, e.g. Surface Pro.

Or they can use manually logged time.

James Robert S Member Since: Apr 20, 2019
8 of 10

Yeah, but who uses windows? Lol

Renata C Member Since: Apr 2, 2019
9 of 10

Hello! I know this is a year later from the posted date. But I use a mirroring software that displays my iPad screen to my windows PC screen wirelessly. Therefore my upwork desktop tracker can see what I'm doing from my iPad through the mirroring window. (I attached what it'll look like below)

There are plenty of software you can use such as Lonely Screen (what I use), Reflector 3 (If you have Google Home or Airplay connected devices) and there is also a free one called 5kplayer. I think the software I mentioned above are compatible with Mac too. 

I hope this helps! 

Suronjit K Member Since: Oct 14, 2015
10 of 10
But UpWork tracker actually tracks keystroke and mouse movement as far as I know. Without keystroke and mouse movement tracker will stop working after certain time. How do you solve that?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS