🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork as a billing platform?
Page options
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Upwork as a billing platform?

So we have Direct contracts, that's a good step. Why don't make the next step forward? Let people just put "Pay through upwork" button on their websites which would charge a CC or Paypal and pass a payment with the same commission as a Direct contract?

I am looking for a billing platform for my software product (SaaS) and i find it kind of stupid that i have to even look for one..

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Alexander N wrote:

Let people just put "Pay through upwork" button on their websites which would charge a CC or Paypal and pass a payment with the same commission as a Direct contract?

I am looking for a billing platform for my software product (SaaS) and i find it kind of stupid that i have to even look for one..

Upwork is a freelancing platform, not a Payment processor. Put a PayPal button instead.

That requires a separate legal entity to accept that payment, as my current ones are in jurisdictions where PayPal does not operate. And then a bank account for that legal entity. A process that can easily take $3-$5K and 3-5 months to get through.

Alexander N wrote:

That requires a separate legal entity to accept that payment, as my current ones are in jurisdictions where PayPal does not operate. And then a bank account for that legal entity. A process that can easily take $3-$5K and 3-5 months to get through.

OK. But still, considering Upwork is not a payment processor, I doubt they will become one to suit your particular circumstances 😉

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths