cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork ask to verify Identity (Not against Profile Name)

Highlighted
Haroon K Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 6

I am Top-Rated Freelancer and working since last 9 years.. Myy Profile Name, Address, Phone, Date of Birth, Payment Withdraw Info ...these all are linked with my original ID Card. Recently I just used credit card of my brother to take subscription of Premium Membership for Upwork..After that upwork asked me verify identity against my brother name? 

I uploaded scanned id of my ID. What else should I do?

I am unable to remove auto payment from 'Zubair Khalid' for subscription and attach my own card.

Please remove for onwards so that I can attach my own card.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

My ID Card is attached...Please remove restriction of withdrawl too

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Haroon,

Just to confirm that you each payment or billing method needs to be verified before you`re able to use it. 
You can only use a bank account that is issued on your own name, if you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

Goran V wrote:

Hi Haroon,

Just to confirm that you each payment or billing method needs to be verified before you`re able to use it. 
You can only use a bank account that is issued on your own name, if you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

Goran, someone else's billing method (not withdrawal method) may be used with their permission. This is not a policy violation.

All that is generally needed is for Upwork to ascertain that the card-owner gives permission for the use of the billing method.

Highlighted
4 of 6

Please confirm that my verification is done and withdraw is allowed now for any upcomming withdrawl.

Haroon

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 6

Hi Haroon,

There's no holds on your payment or billing methods, you can withdraw your funds at any time.
One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your billing method, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
6 of 6

Thanks

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS