🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork asking for money back after 15 days of...
Page options
2f06b2f8
Community Member

Upwork asking for money back after 15 days of approval

Hi,
I completed a job with several milestones (total 700$) on 15 April and were approved by client.

Money got in my withdrawable wallet after 5 day security period.
Now after 15 days, Upwork asked me to refund it as client asked it back from its bank and bank refunded it.

My argument is because payment was approved and 5 day upwork security period was completed - 
1) 5 day upwork security period was completed after approval, So, I am not liable to any refund. Its Upwork's system failure and they are solely repsonsible for it
2) Its a dangerous precendent to set for any freelancer, where your money is not safe even after months in case client decides to have it refund.
3) Upwork charges hefty 20% fee for handling payment and transaction stuff, so I can confortably focus on working on the project
4) Upwork claims money is in Escrow on start of a Fixed price contract. This totally negates there argument of bank not providing funds after 15 days

Can anybody help me with this please?

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Himanshu,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
khemiri_mohamed
Community Member

yep they did the same to me, i don't know why things are being dangerous here lately, this is the second request they filled after project done

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members