Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Upwork asking for proof of additional skill sets if any after account suspension

Active Member
Sanchayan B Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
1 of 17
Hi Freelancers,

I have been through this my self and also seeing lot of freelancers in this community who have received a message from upwork saying their account has been suspended and requesting them to provide proofs of skills sets which is not already mentioned in their profile for upwork to consider reopening their account.Does not it seem a little awkward.I mean everybody out here has come to earn money by showcasing their skill sets.Why on earth would some one hide one of their skill sets from public for no specific reason and wait for some thing bad like account suspension to happen to display it.Does not it seems premeditated.Its like we will suspend your account any way but still giving you a chance which we know you will not be able to avail so the you do not complain later on.What is your thoughts on this.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 17

Sanchayan B wrote:
Hi Freelancers,

I have been through this my self and also seeing lot of freelancers in this community who have received a message from upwork saying their account has been suspended and requesting them to provide proofs of skills sets which is not already mentioned in their profile for upwork to consider reopening their account.Does not it seem a little awkward.I mean everybody out here has come to earn money by showcasing their skill sets.Why on earth would some one hide one of their skill sets from public for no specific reason and wait for some thing bad like account suspension to happen to display it.Does not it seems premeditated.Its like we will suspend your account any way but still giving you a chance which we know you will not be able to avail so the you do not complain later on.What is your thoughts on this.

What this means is that they don't want or need your current skill-sets, but on the off chance that you have some other skill, send proof. If you don't have any other skills: That's it.

 

Active Member
Sanchayan B Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
3 of 17
Hi Petra ,
I understand that.But don't you think it'd little awkward.I my self could not show anything new.It was suspended for a month till one of my past client got me out of the mess.I am sure it's true for most of the people out here.I am here to earn money and I will showcase all my skill set to do that.Why should I hide any one of it and wait for upwork to make a mess of my carrier before displaying it.
Active Member
Grigoriy F Member Since: Aug 6, 2017
4 of 17
You have mistake in a profile title: mnanagement
Active Member
Sanchayan B Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
5 of 17
Hi Gorgoriy,

What is wrong in the word management.Is this something to do with the topic on which we are discussing here.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 17

Sanchayan B wrote:
Hi Gorgoriy,

What is wrong in the word management

mna.jpg

 


Sanchayan B wrote:
Is this something to do with the topic on which we are discussing here.


We are not discussing anything. **Edited for Community Guidelines**  about the fact that you were removed from the platform months ago despite the fact that they eventually agreed to let you stay.

It is a non event and really there is nothing to discuss.

 

 

Active Member
Sanchayan B Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
7 of 17
I am not winning about anything Ms Petra.Neither my profile is blocked.And I also sincerely hope I have not asked any question which has put the great community gurus like you in a spot of bother.Or did I ? SMy question is very simple and am making it more simple .I

Why on earth one would hide his skills from displaying and wait for upwork to play around with his carrier before finally displaying.

If you do not have an answer to that refrain yourself from commenting.Dont just try to divert one's attention from the original topic just for some Kudos.

And BTW thanks for pointing that out.Will update my profile.
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 17

Sanchayan B wrote:

Why on earth one would hide his skills from displaying and wait for upwork to play around with his carrier before finally displaying.

Many of us have a wide range of skills, but only offer one set of services on Upwork. For example, I currently accept only writing projects, and only from law firms and legal technology companies. That's all that's highlighted on my profile. But, if Upwork said that there wasn't enough work in that area and I needed work and wanted to stay on Upwork, I would add my experience writing in other areas such as medical technology, or would include non-writing marketing experience such as AdWords management and social media advertising. Those things aren't on my profile because I don't want that kind of work. But, they're still skills I have and could/would market if I needed work.

 

Active Member
Sanchayan B Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
9 of 17

Any real updates on the topic Petra .S 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 17

Sanchayan B wrote:

Any real updates on the topic Petra .S 


Clearly nobody cares as it is a non-issue.

 

When Upwork suspends people because it doesn't think they are good enough for the platform, they tell them that in case they have (or maybe get in the future) some desirable skills, they can see if they can get accepted again.

 

That, in itself, isn't a big deal.

You had your account restored, so what is your purpose? (Other than telling the world wide web that Upwork didn't think you had sufficient skills for them which isn't really something most people would want to adverise.)

 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS