🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork automatically refunded my money to...
Page options
sharifevan6
Community Member

Upwork automatically refunded my money to client.

Hi there,

I have worked on a web design project. I have finished the project in one full week. Clients left good feedback and ended the contract. But I lost the money from pending section.

Things to tell:

1. Clients payment method was verified. It's still verified.

2. I didn't add any manual time.

3. My work diary were related to my work.

4. I have worked 53.20 hours (weekly limit was: No Limits).

5. I have added memos to my work.

6. I have worked with upwork desktop apps.

And still I lost the money. How can I get it back? Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
lysis10
Community Member

All or some of the money? 53 hours at what rate? It's capped at $2500. Also, activity was good?

lysis10
Community Member

oooooh lol I see. Tricky. You've suddenly come back after working at ~$6/hour a year ago. You charged up a bill at $45/hour when your history is at the lower rate. Even your posted rate is $15/hour. I'm surprised they aren't looking into fraud. lol

eta: also, he hired 2 other people who only charged 11 and 8 hours for the same job. 

Upwork was born at night but not last night baby.

I have worked outside of Upwork for last couple of years. But after Covid 19, I came back. 

Important things to know:

1. Clients preferred hourly rate was $40 to $45/hour. I have applied with a rate of $45.

**Edited for community guidelines**

2.. I don't know what works done by others freelancer. All I know is, I have made an excellent homepage with impresive design that took high attention to the clients. Besides, the clients wanted me to work on 50 to 70 hours to get the project done.

Shorif R wrote:

I have worked outside of Upwork for last couple of years. But after Covid 19, I came back. 

Important things to know:

1. Clients preferred hourly rate was $40 to $45/hour. I have applied with a rate of $45.

2.. I don't know what works done by others freelancer. All I know is, I have made an excellent homepage with impresive design that took high attention to the clients. Besides, the clients wanted me to work on 50 to 70 hours to get the project done.**Edited for community guidelines**

Your client insisted that you work at three times your hourly rate and that the sky was the limit in terms of how many hours you billed? Where do I find clients like this?

So are you saying that even though the client was pleased with your impressive design and left you a good rating, his payment method has failed and you're trying to claim hourly protection from Upwork? Did you try contacting the client?

Yes, I left a message to the client when getting the "refund" email from upwork. But the client didn't respond yet. 

Please advise, is there any posibilities that I can get my money back? I worked very hard in that week and barely slept to deliver the homepage on time. At the end, I am losing my money.

50-70 hours to do a homepage? That must be one exceptional home page

Shorif - I don't understand what you have written about a refund. Has the client asked for a refund? Has Upwork actually refunded the money you were paid? If a refund was made, what was the reason for the refund? If a refund has not been made, but the client has asked for a refund, you do not have to agree to a refund.

JoanneP

Hi Shorif,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team already assisted you via chat regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket directly to assist you further in resolving this case. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Shorif R wrote:

But I lost the money from pending section.

The client never paid Upwork. The client wasn't refunded anything at all, because you can't "refund" something that was never paid.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Joan S wrote:

Shorif - I don't understand what you have written about a refund.

it isn't a refund at all. It's a reversal of hourly charges the **Edited for Community Guidelines** client failed to pay last Monday. Which was the plan from the beginning.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I'd like to note that we've edited and removed a few comments which violated Community Guidelines. Please note that we are taking appropriate steps and communicating and assisting Shorif. Please keep in mind our Guidelines in your future posts and make sure your responses emmit kindness that I know all of you have inside. You can always use communication channels we have in place and share any suspicions you might have, we appreciate your help in that regards as well and will review your reports in detail.

I'll be closing this thread for further replies.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths