cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork banned in china?

Tsz Yeung C Member Since: Jun 27, 2018
1 of 13
Hi just want to know if Upwork is banned in china or is there any issue with Upwork app working in china? Thanks very much
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 13

Hi Tsz,

Upwork is available in China, if you have any issues with our desktop app you can follow the Desktop App Troubleshooting steps listed in the help article. If troubleshooting does not helps follow the steps in the help article to submit a ticket via the app to our team and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

Untitled
Tsz Yeung C Member Since: Jun 27, 2018
3 of 13
Thanks for reply, what about the mobile app is it fully functional in china still? Thanks again
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 13

Hi Tsz,

Yes, both the desktop and mobile apps are available in China. Did you experienced any errors with it, or need help with something more specific? If private details are involved let me know and our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you!

Untitled
Emre Y Member Since: Dec 26, 2018
5 of 13

Does upwork available in China? 

Somebody from China contacted me and wanted to open a freelancer account with my name.

What Should I do?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 13

Hi Emre,

Yes, Upwork allows users from China to create their profiles and to join Upwork after approval of their accounts. 

It's important that you don't share your account or login credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Emre Y Member Since: Dec 26, 2018
7 of 13

He said upwork suspended his account Because of trade war between us and china and He said china was blocked upwork

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
8 of 13

@Emre Y wrote:

He said upwork suspended his account Because of trade war between us and china and He said china was blocked upwork

Yes, occasionally scammers are known to lie....

Doesn't matter though as even if true (it isn't) the advice given above still stands.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
9 of 13

@Emre Y wrote:

Does upwork available in China? 

Somebody from China contacted me and wanted to open a freelancer account with my name.

What Should I do?

To be clear this is someone trying to scam you. Report the person to UW and move on. Do NOT entertain these kinds of requests ever. 

Jonathon H Member Since: Aug 11, 2019
10 of 13

I am unable to DM you @Goran V

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS