🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork can't find my Bank through my IFSC cod...
Page options
tusharmehra00
Community Member

Upwork can't find my Bank through my IFSC code I enter on get Paid page

When I enter my IFSC code on the Get Paid page, it says 'Bank not found'. However, my IFSC code is correct.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tushar,

In order to check the status of your payment, please go to your account > select the Reports tab > Overview and you’ll see the funds under the Pending tab. That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal on the date shown under the date details. Once they become available in your account balance, you’ll be able to use the Get Paid Now button under the available tab and withdraw the funds to the payment method you set up on your Get Paid page, under Settings. Please read more about working and getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts in this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AndreaG

Hi Tushar, please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork
tusharmehra00
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

My Bank's name is HDFC bank, which is India's largest private bank, so, I'm sure it must be in your database. Also, my bank branch still exists, it hasn't shifted and I'm copying my IFSC code directly from my checkbook as directed in the article link you've mentioned. 

So, how would you recommend I proceed? Should I go for the 'enter it manually' option anyway? 

Hi Tushar,

Yes, I would recommend you enter your bank account manually.

~Andrea
Upwork
tusharmehra00
Community Member

Ok, will do. By the way, I have another issue/doubt to ask. I completed a contract recently as a freelancer on upwork and was supposed to be paid $25 for it and it shows as paid on the contract page and I can download an invoice for the same. However, the amount is not reflected on my payment stats page or Get Paid page yet. The payment was approved today itself.

So, should I wait for this or is there an issue here?

Hi Tushar,

In order to check the status of your payment, please go to your account > select the Reports tab > Overview and you’ll see the funds under the Pending tab. That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal on the date shown under the date details. Once they become available in your account balance, you’ll be able to use the Get Paid Now button under the available tab and withdraw the funds to the payment method you set up on your Get Paid page, under Settings. Please read more about working and getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts in this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members