🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork can't find my India bank with the IFSC...
Page options
8d5c5032
Community Member

Unable to add local bank account

Hi,

I am a freelancer from Canada. I can't enter my local bank information to get paid. When I try to enter the institution number and transit number, it didn't gave me the option to go to next page. I checked my bank information for many times, and I am pretty sure everything is right! Please help me to set-up my payment detail. 

Thanks,

Ruiyu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gulnihal,

We’ve designed the process of Adding a Direct to Local Bank payment method to be as straightforward as possible. To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
    • Since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the bank code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

637 REPLIES 637

Bank

Bank not found

Please check the IFSC Code 

Even tho i've my isfc code and entering it correctly, tried 4 times still didn't work while trying to set up payments

Hi Rohan,

As my peer Andrea shared here, you have the option to add the bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option, if you're sure you're entering the correct number and the system is not recognizing it. You may also check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

my bank ifsc code not found while adding bank details. Which is correct and active

Hi Deepali,

If you`re sure that you`re using the correct number you can add the bank address manually as well. You can find this on the same window where it says "enter it manually". Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello experts,
Greetings!
I'm facing the same problem. Neither I can get bank details found on entering IFSC code nor 'Next' option is becoming active on entering details manually.
Upwork support team helped me out with various important steps, I followed all still unable to set up bank details.
Even on clearing cache, using chrome v.74, and in incognito mode.
Last option remained is that 'try filling details using another device.'
Well, upwork team replied to all mails and tried helping me. Could anyone still suggest/guide how to overcome this problem?

Hi Muneesh,

Please try to add your bank manually by clicking on the green hyper link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I tried 10 times with diffrent bank accounts and 9 times gave error "Bank not found". 1 of them which is my father's account works fine but unfortunately i cant use it. Can someone help me about it. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Enes.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7a40aca7
Community Member

Hi, I tried many times entering my IFSC code, it says bank not found. But the IFSC code I have entered is 100% correct. The Bank's name is SBI India. Please help

Hi Faiz,

Could you please try to add your bank manually by clicking on the green hyper link? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
1262f656
Community Member

Pls help me. Same issue.

Hi Aastha,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the bank codes. Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ’’enter branch address manually’’ under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I enterd my local bank IFSC code and it says bank not found? problem uncleared.

Hi Ganeshdev,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,
I was trying to add a payment method in Get Paid section. When I enter my bank branch's IFSC code, it says the bank was not found. I am 100% sure that the IFSC code is correct. I tried to enter the bank details manually and the address input has a character limit on it and only registers partial address. What do I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Uday,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

I was not able to sign-in with Google SSO on Chrome, even in incognito. Safari seems to be working fine but again, same issue with the bank not being recognized despite correct IFSC code. Also, when entering manually, there is the limit on address field.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Uday,

I'm sorry to hear that issue persists. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm trying to set up payment transfer via local bank. Up work is unable to find my bank with the IFSC code. I tried two different bank names. 

Based on previous suggestions, I cleared cache and cookies as well and tried it on another browser. No change, please suggest what might be the problem. 

Thanks!

Hi Pooja,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Everyone,

Even I am facing the same issue. Upwork is unable to find my bank, even though the IFSC code given as input is correct. I kindly request you all to please guide me through.

Thanks and Regards,
Suhail Shaikh
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suhail,

Could you please try to enter the bank address manually? You'll see the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the ''bank not found'' section of your ''bank information'' tab. Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Upwork Team,
I have 2 ifsc bank code and both of them not working. It is saying as "No bank found please enter manually". 
I  tried to enter the bank details manually but it is still not working.
Please help.
Regards,

Hi Ganesh,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem with recognising the IFSC code of my Bank (India). Could you help.

I have double checked the IFSC code and have also tried IFSC code of an alternate bank account. But the website is unable to find any of them

Pls help.

Hi Sathya, 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello
I can't add my bank account as my IFSC code is not locating bank branch in upwork, though i provided the right IFSC code and upwork can't locate my branch? I verified with my bank too!

Hi Balavignesh,

Could you please try to enter the bank address manually? You'll see the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yeah i tried entering manually, but still i can't submit the manual address

Hi Balavignesh,

I've requested the help of our team. One of our agents will reach out to you to assist in adding your IFSC Code. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Okay when they will contact me?

Hi Balavignesh,

Thank you for following up. I checked and could see that one of our agents already reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem with recognising the IFSC code of my Bank (India). Could you help.

I have double checked the IFSC code and have also tried IFSC code of an alternate bank account. But the website is unable to find any of them

Pls help.

Hi Siddhpura,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try to enter the bank address manually? You'll see the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab.

Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello

I tried your solution but it is not allowing me to click next button
when i am taking "Enter Manualy" option. what should i do?

Hi Siddhpura,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm Ayesha from Hyderabad, India. I was trying to set up my bank account but the system couldn't identify my IFSC code. I've tried it in different pay services and have checked the official bank site as well, the code is correct.

Can someone please help me with this? I need to complete this step in order to start working. 

Regards

Ayesha

Hi Ayesha,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths