cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork cannot find/verify my physical address

Highlighted
Karina S Member Since: Jan 24, 2018
1 of 12

Hi all, I am new here and have just setup my account. However, Upwork is unable to find/verify my physical address. Since the only option for entering your address is using a dropdown menu of options, I cannot actually enter my address. It's like my town (or the surrouinding ones for that matter) doesn't exist. Any workarounds? Thank you!  Karina

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 12

Hi Karina,

I can see that you were able to add your full address on your profile.
If your referring to our qlocation verification, you can verify your location by using our phone verification process confirming the digits that are sent to you via message.

Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 12

Hi Goran, thanks for your quick response! But that is NOT my correct address. I had to put something in or else I couldn't make an account. That is the closest town to me that it could "locate", or offer in the dropdown list. I don't live in Rockland, I live in Union, Maine. Rockland is about 30 minutes away (other closer towns were also not available!). And when I go to put in my w-9 information, it lists both, with both zip codes. Thanks again!

Highlighted
4 of 12

FYI-I just tried to fill out my w-9 section and ran into the same problem. This means I can't use Upwork until/unless this is resolved. 

Highlighted
5 of 12

Hi Karina,

Thank you for the follow up.
One of our team members will contact you directly and assist you with changing your address to the one that your currently living.

Untitled
Highlighted
Cindy H Member Since: Oct 20, 2020
6 of 12

Goran, I have the same issue. I live in an unincorporated rural area and my physical address can never be found via map applications. Can I verify my identity with my cell phone number? I am just starting the process of setting up an account. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
7 of 12

Hi Cindy,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad Ammar Q Member Since: Mar 14, 2019
8 of 12

I m also face the same issue please set up my profile Upwork Team.

Highlighted
9 of 12

Hi Muhammad,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser, if you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know what type of browsers did you used. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad Ammar Q Member Since: Mar 14, 2019
10 of 12
Thnaks for info now its working.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS