cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork charged double ($ 60) wire transfer fee

Muhammad A Member Since: Oct 5, 2018
1 of 5
I have US dollar bank account in Askari Bank Pakistan. My bank confirmed that THEY DO NOT charge any fee for incoming wire transfer.

When I initiated a wire transfer, upwork immediately charged $30 fee and I got the message that rest of the amount has been transfered.

However, when I checked the transaction amount in my bank, I discovered that additional ($30) has been deducted, making total wire transfer fee to be $60

My bank confirmed that all fees have been deducted by sender and that they did not charge any fee.

Anyone had any idea about what happened?. Why did upwork charge double wire transfer fee ($60) when the money is being transfered to US dollar bank account?
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you have opened a ticket for this as well. Our team has already checked your withdrawal and has confirmed the details on your ticket. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket, thank you.

Untitled
SUNIL G Member Since: Sep 28, 2017
3 of 5

Upwork charge fee on Wire Transfer 

• $30 USD per withdrawal

Muhammad A Member Since: Oct 5, 2018
4 of 5
but they charged me 60 dollar and support is useless, putting all the blame on my bank.

whereas my bank has repeatedly confirmed that they have not charged any fee. other free lancers also confirm that this bank doesnt charge for incoming wire transfer in US dollars

what upwork support seems to completely ignore is that even if my bank did charge anything, how come my bank charges are exactly same as upwork fee (30 dollar).

to me it clearly seems that upwork immediately charged 30 dollar and than upwork's sending bank charged another 30.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 5

Hi Muhammad,

I just checked your account and your ticket and can confirm that your withdrawal fee was only $30.
Please refer to the details on your ticket for the correct amount that you have withdrawn to your bank account, you can also view this by going to Reports > Transactions. Your withdrawal amount and withdrawal fee are listed and you can download the invoices for this transactions as well. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS