cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork community

Khatia S Member Since: Dec 1, 2020
1 of 22
Hi guys, has anyone noticed any benefits being an active Upwork community member?
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 22

You get messages from the Greens that tell you they removed your message for being naughty.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 22

Khatia S wrote:
Hi guys, has anyone noticed any benefits being an active Upwork community member?

Other than entertainment? No.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 22

You get to do unpaid Customer Service work for Upwork, while warning newbie freelancers to not work for free.

Ace Contributor
Deborah P Member Since: Nov 24, 2019
5 of 22

I am grateful for the free time that active members spend here. I am learning a lot and avoiding headaches. They have a drink paid in Milan if they happen to come over here. 

Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
BEST ANSWER
6 of 22

Khatia S wrote:

Actually, I find being active in the community, at least reading and paying attention, has kept me abreast of best practices in using Upwork contracts, new announcements and  "features" from Upwork, and different potential client issues to avoid. I've learned a lot from the community here. 

I've also networked with other freelancers and built a referral network from people I've met here. 

Also, it is entertaining sometimes, as Petra mentioned. 

View solution in original post

7 of 22
Great points, Amanda!
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 22

I think the OP meant financial benefits or getting hired more Smiley Happy

9 of 22
Yes, I meant if it “secretly” pushes on top of the algorithm when clients are searching for freelancers or smth like that..
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
10 of 22

Khatia S wrote:
Yes, I meant if it “secretly” pushes on top of the algorithm when clients are searching for freelancers or smth like that..

LOL - definitely not. You're not the first person to think that, though - did you hear that on You Tube or something?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS