🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork contract placed on hold.
Page options
nuwan_shashika
Community Member

Upwork contract placed on hold.

Hi, I had a contract and we had been working successfully. I had a good faith with the client and continued to work. But he was bit unusual on his payment, he didn't miss any payment, instead he did creating and releasing his milestones at the same time, hence I wasn't able to submit works upon Upworks standard process. After five milestones, I got an email from Upwork saying stop working on that certain contract and wait for their reply. I informed that to the client and later he said his account has been suspended by Upwork. I knew there wasn't an issue from my side. I informed the client to contact Upwork support but he has banned from doing that too. I informed him to tweet to Upwork. But finally he has chosen another way, that is creating a new account to continue working. And informed me that he'll be contacting me via the new account. But I refused to work, I need to know if I'll agree to work in the correct process via his new account, would it be a harm to my profile? We still don't know the issue, I suspect that his payment process would went wrong.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Do **NOT** work with the client on another account. You want to avoid getting dragged into the client's issues - the client is suspended for a reason and Upwork have already told you to not work with them.

You don't want to find yourself suspended alongside the client's new account - it's just a matter of time...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Do **NOT** work with the client on another account. You want to avoid getting dragged into the client's issues - the client is suspended for a reason and Upwork have already told you to not work with them.

You don't want to find yourself suspended alongside the client's new account - it's just a matter of time...

nuwan_shashika
Community Member

I understand, I don't wish to do such a thing. Thanks so much for the confirmation.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members