🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork contract suspended and I got negative ...
Page options
rashmil5
Community Member

Upwork contract suspended and I got negative rating

Hi all, I got a notification from Upwork that one of my contracts has been temporarily suspended. They asked me not to work on that contract. I did the same and notified the client about it. However, the client forced me to work on the contract. I informed the client I will complete the project as soon as I will get the update from Upwork. In the meanwhile, the client ended the project and gave me a negative rating. The project was half done and now the client is also asking for a refund. How I can get the bad rating removed since it was not my fault, I was following the Upwork guidelines. 

6 REPLIES 6
2a05aa63
Community Member

If you refund the $5 the feedback will be removed. Both yours and the clients. You JSS will suffer regardless.

Thank you for updating me. Is there no other way since Upwork asked me to stop working? I completed the first milestone and the client was happy with my work. Even I wanted to complete the other milestone as well however, upwork asked me to stop working. Is there no way that Upwork can help me in this?

Rashmil S wrote:

Thank you for updating me. Is there no other way since Upwork asked me to stop working? I completed the first milestone and the client was happy with my work. Even I wanted to complete the other milestone as well however, upwork asked me to stop working. Is there no way that Upwork can help me in this?

The client was unreasonable. You had every right not to work while the contract was suspended.

Thank you so much for your response. Can you please let me know how can I get this feedback removed since I stoped working because of upwork. Is there any way or I need to suffer?

Rashmil S wrote:

Thank you so much for your response. Can you please let me know how can I get this feedback removed since I stoped working because of upwork. Is there any way or I need to suffer?

You need to refund everything from that contract.

gina-herrera
Community Member

I am pretty sure this person never intended to pay you - their contract was suspended because their payment method was declined. And then they're asking for a refund too... that makes me think they wanted free work. The best way to deal with it is to just reply to the feedback CALMLY (for example, something like "Unfortunately I received a notice of contract suspension from Upwork that the client was unable to pay for the completed work – I wish this had ended amicably, but I could not complete the task as per the Upwork terms of service."

This makes it clear what happened without being rude or accusatory... and then you just move on with your life. dwelling on it is pointless unfortunately, Upwork does not remove feedback unless you are top rated and choose to use the perk.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members