🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork desktop app not launching
Page options
bbmonkie3
Community Member

Upwork desktop app not launching

My Upwork desktop app won't launch on my Mac. It's worked before, but today I went to open it for time tracking and nothing pops up on the screen. SInce I can't time track on the Upwork website itself, I can't log my hours today and I'm on a tight deadline! Any help would be much appreciated.

25 REPLIES 25
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Leslie,

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to launch the App on your computer. Could you please try uninstalling the App and installing the most recent version here? Please, let us know if that still doesn't solve the issue. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi. I'm also having this issue. I already uninstalled the previous version and installed the latest version, still it si unable to launch. it is stuck on the dock. Please help. thanks.

Hi Valerie,

I've been having the same problem since two weeks. The desktop app won't launch on my mac (it only bounces up and down). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent version several times already, but it doesn't solve the issue. Could you please help?

Hi Arwen,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Desktop App. Could you please follow the troubleshooting steps shared in this help article and see if this helps? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
arwenkok
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thank you. I've tried the troubleshooting steps, but they don't help. I didn't try the third redirect step as the app doesn't open in the first place (it still only bounces up and down in the task bar). I've tried to remove the cache as well (as I don't have imported data saved at the moment), but this doesn't help either.

If I try to open the app through the "Open time tracker" button on the Upwork website, I get the message "App doesn't respond". 

cancel_randy
Community Member

It's my first time working with the hourly rate I installed Upwork's desktop time tracker

but it just shows a white screen please help.

Hi Oussama and Jaime,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. Could you please try uninstalling the App and installing the most recent version here? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

. I already uninstalled the previous version and installed the latest version, still it si unable to launch. it is stuck on the dock.

Hi Jaime,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times but it still didn't work

Hi Oussama,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
278f715e
Community Member

Hey I also have this problem I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop app a few times. When it asks if I want to open an app from the internet I click "Open" and it bounces in my apps bar and does nothing. I am using a Mac. Since the app itseld will not launch I cannot put a ticket in to Upwork. I have not been able to track my hours for the last few days. Please advise, thank you.

Hi Monica,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please share your OS version along with the version of the Upwork Desktop App you're trying to use so we can assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am trying to download the latest desktop app version found here. I am using 10.15.5 Catalina. Thank you.

Hi Monica,

Thanks for following up! One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue as Monica S. " trying to open tracker app, I click "Open" and it bounces in my apps bar and does nothing." I am using macOS Big Sur 11.5.1

Thank you,
Lana

Hi Lana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey Lana, I have since updated to the same Mac OS system, Big Sur 11.5.1 and still have the same issue. I updated to Big Sur per Upwork's request in hopes tha the app may launch. It has been over a month and I have since worked with four different Upwork tech people trying different things and nothing has yielded results. They are working on it, but it is extremely frustrating for it to take this long.

Just wanted to let you know that if it takes more than a month, don't be surprised.

If you find a solution quicker than I do, I would appreciate if it was shared. I will do the same if Upwork finds a solution.

Thank you to Upwork for working on this issue (please hurry!!)

Hi Monica,

I have the same issue with the time tracker. Nothing happens on my screen. I have run through the articles here but nothing seems to work. The previous version works fine until it got updated to 5.6.8 version. I'm forced to use my other device to work... Hoping somebody could help us!

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jon Francis,

Could you please report this following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of this help article?  This will create a log file with the information needed by our team to assist you efficiently.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi John,

Hopefully Upwork can find the problem. With the help of an Upwork tech, he found a possible problem and I ended up having to bring it to Apple support through their online chat (since I was operating on a Mac) and they were able to tell me what code to run to fix a corrupted file of some sort.
Hope that helps a little. Good luck.

Hi Monica! 

Appreciate your advice! Will message them now 😄

gratzia
Community Member

I am having the same issue, no matter what the app won't open.

Anyone could help?

Thanks

Hi Grazia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? If the issue persists, please respond to this thread with the OS version along with the version of the Upwork Desktop App you're trying to use so we can assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
jahangir_rizwan
Community Member

I have the same issue on macOS Ventura 13.0.1

The app launches and shows a splash screen where I see the app version than nothing. I tried uninstalling and installing the app a few times and restarting my mac, but nothing is working.

UPDATE:

The problem is solved using the following command in the terminal while keeping the app installed.

mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths