🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork desktop app stuck at loading
Page options
khurramwasim
Community Member

Upwork desktop app stuck at loading

Hi,
   My upwork desktop app is stuck at loading screen.
I can upwork app's provide logs from my machine, if required.

Thanks,
Khurram

35 REPLIES 35
derikson
Community Member

Same here on Linux. It worked last night, but doesn't work this morning.

janjus_vuk
Community Member

Still not solved. App just keeps loading forever on Windows 7 64x

janjus_vuk
Community Member

Please provide us working version of the app, some earlier WORKING version or something, because some of us have urgent tasks to do and we can't use timer. Thank you!

Same issue here:

Loading Upwork
v.5.4.7.1

I thought it was already fixed?!

Hi Upwork! The issue is back again... The up is stuck on the loading screen, just like last week.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

We apologize for the interruption. The technical team is aware of the issue and has addressed it. Could you please try to launch the App? You may need to shut it down or "kill" it via system tools. On Mac, it can be done via the Activity Monitor utility. On Windows, you will need to open Task Manager, find Upwork under the Processes tab, select, click End task.

If you continue experiencing the issue, please let us know

~ Bojan
Upwork
80b7fad1
Community Member

Hi,

Upwork App keeps on loading. It's not working since yesterday. Tried to uninstall & install but still not working.

Hi Myra,

Could you please share a screenshot of the problem you're experiencing on your end along with more details about your operation system? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I resolved this issue by installing an older version I have on file (Version 5.3.3.883). Other older versions may work, but I have this one saved in Downloads and just tried it. It overwritten the faulty version so it's working now.

jllaguno
Community Member

The issue is not yet resolved. I happen to experience it just now and then uninstalled and re-intsalled the app but once launched, it's still stuck in loading screen.

I am using Windows 10 (64-bit).

suffering same this for 2 days, disappointed customer support

Malik U wrote:

suffering same this for 2 days, disappointed customer support

Have you tried running: mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak} on your Command line?

It doesn't work. I have been waiting for OVER SIX MONTHS for help with this. The lack of tech support is unbelievable!!

Hi Tami,

I'm very sorry to hear about the delay. I already followed up with the team and one of our agents updated your support ticket with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,
I'm having the same issue. I already tried the suggested solution mentioned but still the same. It's just loading the whole time.

Hi Michelle,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6e9ac95b
Community Member

hi

the desktop application was not working all day . It is stucked at loading v.5.5.0.1.

what's the solution?

Hi Dina,

I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Could you please follow the troubleshooting steps shared in this help article? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6e9ac95b
Community Member

hi ,

yes i t didnot work.
check the attachment . It has been like that since yesterday! and I AM NOT
able to work .

thanks
[image: 2021-02-25_12h42_10.png]

Hi Dina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jspendrill
Community Member

Today, the Upwork desktop app won't load. Literally nothing happens when I start the program. There is no running app in the background (I checked with Task Manager).  Should I uninstall and reinstall?  I did get a message earlier today about an update. I said "install later," and that was the last interaction I had with the app.

Unable to work without the timer.

goce-josifoski
Community Member

I was not able to run the desktop app, but I have fixed this with the command that you have suggested. Thanks

jennycreative1
Community Member

Everytime the Upwork Time Tracker has an update, I lose time and MONEY because I can't get it to open when I need to start working. I have clients waiting for work to be done.

I have no idea what to do. So very frustrating.

Hi Jennifer and Jenny,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. There was an active incident earlier, but it has now been fixed. You may need to shut it down or "kill" it via system tools. On Mac, it can be done via the Activity Monitor utility. On Windows, you will need to open Task Manager, find Upwork under the Processes tab, select, click End task.

If you continue experiencing the issue, please let us know

~ Bojan
Upwork

Pls assist, my desktop 64-bit app is not opening... it just shows loading throughout. It has been about 6 hours now and it is frustrating. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, same result. Kindly advise on what to do

Hi Chidi,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b_bryer
Community Member

I am having this same issue. I am also using Windows 64-bit. I have tried to install and re-install several times. Is there a solution to this?

Upwork - please advise.

Thank you

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have had this issue for months now. Ticket #29505906 has been open but ignored since late August. How do I actually get REAL support to get this fixed? 

Hi Tami,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up on your support ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello I am having this problem now too, with v.5.5.0.11

It just hangs on "Loading UpWork".

It was working fine last time I used it, and I remember it asked to do an update and I approved, and then I realized it wasn't installed at all! So I guess something went wrong and I downloaded and reinstalled from scratch. And now it just hangs on the loading screen and never opens.

Desktop. Windows 10.

Hi Brendon,

Could you please try to follow the troubleshooting steps shared in this help article? Please let us know if the issue persists.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Deleting the UpWork cache folder worked for me!

After that I just had to go through the welcome screens and login again.

Thank you.

e48a25b4
Community Member

upwork desktop app is taking lot of loading but not opening and stuck how to solve this problem.

Hi Moznu,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the desktop app. Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app if you haven't already? Also, you may want to look at this help article for additional troubleshooting steps. Don't hesitate to let us know if the issue persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members