🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork desktop app update won't download
Page options
minder
Community Member

Upwork desktop app update won't download

Hi, I've had this issue for over a year now.

Whenever a new update comes up (which happens quite often), my desktop Upwork app offers me to download the update.

I click 'Update now' > 'installing update' appears > and after a few secs I see the message 'Update failed, please try again". No matter how many times I retry, it won't work. Mobile internet, Wi-Fi in at least 2 places - nothing helps. I even tried on different laptops - one old, another one brand-new. No-thing.

Last summer the support team sent me a lifehack, which is basically deleting the app from the system and downloading it again. And yes, it worked. But a few weeks later a new update came up and the issue followed.

The notification urging to update the app comes up constantly and, frankly, pisses me off 🙂

Can someone fix it for me once and for all?

Thanks a bunch!

8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Olya,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
minder
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

The support team representative did reply to me with the following instructions:

"In order to fix this issue, we would like to request you to uninstall the app totally and remove the Upwork folder manually by going to the links below:
Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Upwork\Upwork\Logs
Mac: Navigate to Go > Go to Folder > Upwork > ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork/Upwork/Logs
Linux: ~/.Upwork/Upwork/Logs/

Once deleted, you can go ahead and install the latest version by following the link below:
Download Here/https://www.upwork.com/ab/downloads/"

But I followed this path before and it never helped to get rid of this bug.

Once a new update is released, the downloading won't work. And I should start it all over again 😕

I used to think the problem was with my old laptop. But now I'm using a new model, another Windows version and the issue persists.

I opened this discussion to see if there are other Upworkers facing the same issue and, if yes, perhaps your tech team can look into it more carefully.

Thanks!!

e956fb88
Community Member

I am having the same issue on Mac OS. 

I have deleted the app and downloaded the newest version. As soon as a new update is released, I have the same issue. 

Support was not able to offer me any other advice other than to delete and download the latest version. 

3 months later and still sitting with annoying popups from the app because it cant update. 

Hi Keenan,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the App. I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b23f3b9c
Community Member

I have the same issue now 

Hi Basem, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you experience so that we can better assist you? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
0ebc02b8
Community Member

Same here, upwork desktop app won't download, thanks for fixing that.

danielapb
Community Member

I had the same issue today. Had to delete the app and download it again. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members