🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork desktop app
Page options
Community Member

Upwork desktop app

My upwork desktop app can't upgrade itself. Do I delete and re-install?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gary,

Do you receive any errors on your end?

Please try re-installing your app and if you`re still experiencing the same problem on your end let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gary,

Do you receive any errors on your end?

Please try re-installing your app and if you`re still experiencing the same problem on your end let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I must have you know I am also having a tonne of issues with the latest update of the desktop app.

Presently, the thing just wont open.

And when it opened, it refused to sync, while the rest of the site was working fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you, Abinadab!

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear Upwork Community

I am trying to sign in my Upwork app, but app always shows "This browser or app may not be secure". I am trying to do this from previous 7 days. My client is not giving me work because of this issue. I tried almost everything, but failed. Is someone can help me regarding this issue. I think if this issue will not solve, my client will finsih the project very soon. I am adding time manually, that is not good. Screenshot is attached for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Muhammad Rizwan

Screenshot (168).png

Hi Muhammad,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via your support ticket and keep you updated.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran,

That fixed it.  I uninstalled the old version, downloaded and installed the latest version and all works fine now.

Thanks

Gary

Dear Goran,

I am unable to sign in Upwork desktop app. It keeps loading. I have reinstalled twice.

Kindly help.

Regards

Hajra Irfan

Hi HAJRA,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.

Afterward, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths