🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork desktop is not tracking hours properly
Page options
rabia_nadeem
Community Member

Upwork desktop is not tracking hours properly

upwork clock is not tracking my hours what should i do? it's taking screenshots continuously but didn't added my work dairy?

19 REPLIES 19
rabia_nadeem
Community Member

I am doing hourly projects but i started log in to upwork desktop clock but it does not track my hours why its happening.It continuously taking screenshots but disn't added my work dairy what should i do? It was working perfectly before but today it's not working.

rafsun_ug
Community Member

As it is taking a screenshot, that means it is tracking your log time. A new day might start from your client timezone.

You can see an option of date and day. Just click the "Back" tab there. Hopefully, you will find your expected details about the tracking. 

Capture.PNG

Thank you for your response, but its happening since yesterday it was working perfectly before.

Did you work today or yesterday of that hourly contact?

Yeah i did, but not showing on my work diary.

Happening with my all client's i have been working from past 2 hours but upwork is not adding up my hours in my work diary.Screenshot_37.png

Yes, that is confusing! Your current session is showing zero hours but there was a screen captured at 16 minutes earlier. Did you on that while you were working?

Screenshot_37.png

I have stopped working now but when i have been working it showed same Zero hours even my working diary is showing the same Zero hours. I have entered hours manually for my other client  that has been added perfectly  but with clock  not working properly.

See, you don't have data for this day. It might a new day start from your client side...that means your "today" is your client's "yesterday". Just go back of the "date and day" (the black marked of the screenshot) of your work diary. And if that doesn't work, I think you can take help from the help center of Upwork.Capture.PNG

Yeah that's the actual problem i can't track my time, screenshots captured but time is not added in my workdiary. Workdiary shows no data. But before yesterday it was showing everything perfectly.

Did you go to the back of your work diary?

yeah it shows same no data for yesterday and today but i have worked on both days. 😞 

It feels bad to hear that. Smiley Sad

I think you should contact a supporter of "help and support" of Upwork. Get your ticket and explain your problem as it is a very serious issue! 

Thank you so much for your precious time. I have contacted upwork support system and waiting for their response. 😞 

Thank you for your precious time.

I have contacted upwork support system and looking for their response now.

Hi Rabia, 

I'm sorry to learn about your issue with tracking time on your Upwork Desktop App. I checked your account and can see that you were able to file tickets for this issue. I would like to ask you to refrain from filing new tickets for this case so that the team can assist you more efficiently and effectively with resolving this.  I have followed up with the team, and someone will get in touch with you soon on one of your support tickets. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you so much for your response.

Actually i have alot of work to do that's why i am worried about that issue. 

May I know what happened here? My partner and I encounter the same issue.

Hi Vanessa,

Are you having trouble tracking your time with the Desktop App? If so, would you mind describing the issue you are experiencing so we can better assist you?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members