🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork desktop timer not opening
Page options
cath9811
Community Member

Upwork desktop timer not opening

Hello! I've been having trouble opening my desktop app. I already followed the instructions, deleted Upwork folder in AppData, restarted, didn't work. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, logged in, didn't work.I did turn off firewall, antivirus, no luck still. This has been going on for 2 days now. There's no problem with my browsing. My internet is fast. Please help. Badly needed.

See screenshot

cath9811_0-1646956710555.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. It looks like this is a new issue and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Community Member

Hey, I don't know actually why it's happened with you! Recently, I installed this app without any hassle

# Delete all the folders that are named Upwork then reinstall the app. Then I hope it will be ready for work.

Thanks 
Asraful Alom

I already did all that. I even uninstalled my browser. ;(

JoanneP

Hi Catherine,

I checked and it looks like you already have an open ticket regarding your concern with the desktop App. I can see that one of our agents has already updated your ticket and you can access it here

~ Joanne
Upwork
cath9811
Community Member

Thanks! I just need help asap. I hope you understand.

Hi Catherine!

Have you got the solution yet? I am facing the same issue.

My upwork desktop is showing the same issue. How to solve it. Kindly help me please. 🙏

Hi Naimul,

You can find advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App here. If you still experience problems, report the issue so we can help you. Here’s how:

Click your name at the lower left of the app
Select Support and Feedback
Enter the details of your issue and click Send

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I have followed the instructions. Same problem is showing(I using the Upwork Desktop app for the first time) again and again.
Screenshot 2022-03-12 at 3.33.01 PM.png

Hi Md Naimul,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi! how's everything with your app? I still get the same error today. ;(

Hi! I was instructed to install as Beta, followed all the other instructions carefully, and it's still not opening. It's been 4 days already. ;(

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Catherine,

I’m sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. It looks like you’re communicating with our team regarding this case on your existing ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

same error message with mine.

☹️

cath9811
Community Member

Hi! I was just told a few minutes ago to contact my internet provider about this issue. I think that's the laziest, lamest resolution ever. I hope you will look into this further. Thanks!

NikolaS

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. It looks like this is a new issue and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
cath9811
Community Member

Hi Nikola! THANK YOU for taking this seriously and bringing it up with your IT/Engineers. It's all good now! 🙏

bb9bec8d
Community Member

Im currently witnessing the same issue..  My desktop app is unresponsive.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app..

I am curious if traveling may affect the app?

Hi Jabron,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with the desktop app. I can see you've already raised a ticket with the support team here. Kindly allow more time for the team to review your ticket and get back to you with a solution. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths